No announcement yet.

Global Cache GC-100 and iTach - UltraGCIR HSPI Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be interested in beta testing this plug-in as well. If it works half as as good as the ELKM1 plug-in it will be worth the $$.

Comment

I am including a screenshot showing the latest development status. The plug-in currently finds every Global Cache unit on the network and automatically adds a HomeSeer device for each module.

I am thinking about mapping each learned IR to the actual Global Cache IR HomeSeer device so the IR can be controlled using a HomeSeer device action. Anyone see an issue with this approach?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Attached Files
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The plug-in is almost ready for release. If you have a Global Cache unit and want to test a new IR plug-in, please e-mail me at ultrajones@hotmail.com and I'll send you the plug-in install.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I definitely want to test this!
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Moskus

Try this link. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144446

Comment

Global Cache iTach WF2CC not working

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              That is incorrect. We updated the GC100 plug-in to work with the iTach unit as soon as we added it to our online store. The plug-in works with the WF2IR and WF2CC iTach units. No plug-in is required for the WF2SL unit since that's basically a WiFi to RS232 converter.
              Dear Mark,

iTach WF2CC becomes uncontrollable by HS every time it goes trough a power cycle. The following error shows in the logs. Your help will be appreciated to remedy the situation.

"Global Cache GC100 Connect Error: Once the socket has been disconnected, you can only reconnect again asynchronously, and only to a different EndPoint. BeginConnect must be called on a thread that won't exit until the operation has been completed."

Thanks,

Z

Comment

Originally posted by zoza696969 View Post
                Dear Mark,

iTach WF2CC becomes uncontrollable by HS every time it goes trough a power cycle. The following error shows in the logs. Your help will be appreciated to remedy the situation.

"Global Cache GC100 Connect Error: Once the socket has been disconnected, you can only reconnect again asynchronously, and only to a different EndPoint. BeginConnect must be called on a thread that won't exit until the operation has been completed."

Thanks,

Z
                Please add this to our bug tracker: http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/

Thank You!
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Global Cache iTach WF2CC not working

Well I tried and failed because it seems that bugzilla doesn't recognize me and need completely new setup and login, which I am not doing unless you put me on payroll :-)

After I spent $3,000 + with HomeSeer I expect better service, not to mention that I purchased iTach WF2CC after asking if it works with HS and got confirmation from you on this very message board.

You may also consider putting in your bugzilla, these bugs that I found and reported numerous times here to no resolution

a) Lutron Radio RA plug-in works half way for 32 only of the 64 addresses/zones that Lutron Radio RA supports

b) z-wave doesn't work reliably for larger installation like mine. Tons of red ink in HS logs about failing to connect/control z-wave devices. Of course all those z-wave devices are properly powered, connected, setup and tested. RJH was trying to help with no luck.

Comment

Hello zoza696969. It looks like you are reporting an issue with the HomeSeer branded Global Cache plug-in and NOT the the UltraGCIR plug-in, correct?

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by zoza696969 View Post
                      After I spent $3,000 + with HomeSeer I expect better service
                      I believe that HomeSeer Tech changed their support policy after their support dep was drowning in request not directly related to HomeSeer (like "How do I plug in my lamp module" and such). And Bugzilla is not THAT hard to access...

But how did you manage to spend $3000 on the HomeSeer store? Impressive!

However, the best advice I can give you is to ditch the HomeSeer plugin for Global Cache, it is a hazzle to set up and to get working, I never managed to do so. And I guess that's why Ultrajones made his own plugin.

UltraGCIR actually works!
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                      X