This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cache GC-100 and iTach - UltraGCIR HSPI [BETA TEST THREAD]

I am posting a public beta of my new UltraGCIR plug-in.

Hardware Requirements:

1) One or more Global Cache GC100 units (tested with latest firmware).
    2) One or more of the Global Cache iTach units (tested with latest firmware).

Known Issues:
    • HomeSeer device status does not reflect current network connection status of the device. [RESOLVED]
    • Relay devices not working. [RESOLVED]
    • IR auto-notify sensors not working. [RESOLVED]
    • Watchdog timer not working properly. [RESOLVED]
    • Missing HomeSeer device image for relays. [RESOLVED]
    • StopIR not working correctly. [RESOLVED]

Outstanding feature requests:
    • Ability to disconnect and reconnect Global Cache unit. [COMPLETE]
    • Ability to delete all IR codes associated with a module. [COMPLETE]
    • Ability to export IR codes.
    • Add irstop funciton. [COMPLETE]

Please post any issues or comments here.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; December 8, 2010, 07:41 AM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

I got this installed and working last night. It did take me a bit of fiddling to make it work, however. I was converting pronto hex codes to GC format using the GC utility. I pasted the output into the plug-in's dialog box. It seems as though it converts the format from the conversion format into something it understands and replaces some of the blank placeholders with default values. After several attempts, I realized that I needed to manually increase the repeat value with something higher than 1 to get my gear to recognize the codes being sent from HS via UltraGCIR.

All in all works perfect so far. Looking forward to testing the relay functions.

Comment

What tweets?

I found the same. What kind of changes did you have to make (repeat rate etc.)?

Comment

UJ, will you be adding the ability to use pronto hex codes directly w/o us converting first? I notice that several other automation programs do this but HS's own GC plugin did not.

Cheers!

Comment

The only change needed for my setup was repeat count. I moved it to 4 from default of 1.

Comment

UltraGCIR HSPI version 1.1.3944.34017 was just posted.
            • Watchdog timer re-written.
            • Error code handling was added to detect when the Global Cache device rejects a command.
            • Fixed issue with the first IR command not showing up in the HomeSeer IR device.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I've been getting the following errors every 30 seconds on so for the last 10 hours. I have since disabled the plugin but the error is still showing up in the log.

10/21/2010 10:18:48 AM UltraGCIR Info Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt succeeded.
              10/21/2010 10:18:48 AM UltraGCIR Info Ethernet connection established to 192.168.10.105:4998
              10/21/2010 10:18:45 AM UltraGCIR Warning Watchdog Timer indicates no response response from the Global Cache device [192.168.10.105] for 34197 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...

The plugin detects the gc-100 and obtains the information about the ports appropriately. I can physically connect to the IP shown above and even use gc's own commandline program to sendir so I know it works.

Any ideas?

Comment

manxam

This has been reported and I believe UltraJones is working on a fix.

This error occurs for me when I use my GC100 with ILEARN or ITEST. Only way I know to clear it is to restart HomeSeer. Just stop and restart HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
                  I've been getting the following errors every 30 seconds on so for the last 10 hours. I have since disabled the plugin but the error is still showing up in the log.

10/21/2010 10:18:48 AM UltraGCIR Info Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt succeeded.
                  10/21/2010 10:18:48 AM UltraGCIR Info Ethernet connection established to 192.168.10.105:4998
                  10/21/2010 10:18:45 AM UltraGCIR Warning Watchdog Timer indicates no response response from the Global Cache device [192.168.10.105] for 34197 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...

The plugin detects the gc-100 and obtains the information about the ports appropriately. I can physically connect to the IP shown above and even use gc's own commandline program to sendir so I know it works.

Any ideas?
                  Sounds like you have an older version of firmware? Can you enable debug please and provide the output so I can see if the watchdog function isn't finding the response it expects from the getversion command?

You are also running an older version of the plug-in if you are seeing reconnect attempts every 30 seconds. This was fixed in the last versoin posted above.
                  Last edited by Ultrajones; October 21, 2010, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                    This has been reported and I believe UltraJones is working on a fix.

This error occurs for me when I use my GC100 with ILEARN or ITEST. Only way I know to clear it is to restart HomeSeer. Just stop and restart HomeSeer.
                    Are you saying that once you connect to your GC100 from another application (iLearn, iTest, the plug-in won't reconnect unless you restart HomeSeer? I have seen a simliar issue on my system, but I thought it reconnected properly after closing the other connection.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Ultrajones

That is what I am saying. Their were some of the same errors in what I emailed. If I just remove power and restore power. The plugin will recover and I can send after a short delay. If I use ILEARN on the same unit that I use for my IR. After capturing the codes and disconnecting is when you get these errors it will not reconnect. I have the latest firmware as mine were just updated.

Comment

I was able to reproduct this issue. It looks like the code I added to detect a disconnected TCP connection quicker is not working as designed. I modified the routine (again) and will upload UltraGCIR HSPI version 1.3946.37108 that should fix the isuse.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

UltraJones

Watch dog now works here for me.

New problem: This is related to the missing first entry in the drop down. This first item is still misssing. I added 31 units to one of the locations. The drop down will not show but 10. You can see the same if you try to add an event or using the HSTouch designer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                            Sounds like you have an older version of firmware? Can you enable debug please and provide the output so I can see if the watchdog function isn't finding the response it expects from the getversion command?

You are also running an older version of the plug-in if you are seeing reconnect attempts every 30 seconds. This was fixed in the last versoin posted above.
                            Ultra, my GC-100 has the most recent firmware installed from all of the documentation that I can find. Also, the plugin version that I am using is 3944.34017.

Cheers,
                            M

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                              Watch dog now works here for me.

New problem: This is related to the missing first entry in the drop down. This first item is still misssing. I added 31 units to one of the locations. The drop down will not show but 10. You can see the same if you try to add an event or using the HSTouch designer.
                              Are you seeing any errors in the logs when adding the IR data? The HomeSeer devices values are re-created based on the contents of the IR database on each startup. Does restarting HomeSeer resolve the issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X