Auto Discovery Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Discovery Problem

About once a week I have an issue with auto discovery not immediately finding a Global Cache IP2IR device. I restart HS each night at 4:00 AM to minimize memory leak issues. The IP2IR device is usually found a few hours later. My network is very clean and I can ping the unit at all times.

Is there a way to manually enter the IP address of my IP2IR?

BTW, I don't have an answer for you but I have the same issue with 2 iTach units. They auto connect each time I re-start HS but the loss of connection happens almost daily now.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTi meout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

Ultrajones, a little help?

Comment

You are stating that after an automated restart HomeSeer, your IP2IR device is not being detected? Can you enable debug prior to a restart so I can determine what is going on? Please send the debug log to ultrajones@hotmail.com.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by tblackmon9599 View Post
          BTW, I don't have an answer for you but I have the same issue with 2 iTach units. They auto connect each time I re-start HS but the loss of connection happens almost daily now.
          <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTi meout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
          Yes, this is common with the iTech units. I have not seen it with my GC-100. The plug-in should detect the network issue and reconnect.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The debug log has been sent.

Comment

It does detect an issue and gives a warning in the HS log, but it will not/cannot reconnect. I'll post log next time it happens.

Comment

Gerenb replied and stated the auto discovery issue he was experiencing was caused by an older Linksys router not properly supporting multicast.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

I hate to bring this up again since the original issue was resolved but I'm still having communication issues between the units and HS. This is happening to the point that I can't really use the units. It may be my network but I don't know how to trace it and I don't seem to have issues with any other devices.

I have 2 iTach units and 1 GC-100. All 3 units lose communication with HS throughout the day at various times and almost randomly. I have tried to reconnect the units from the status page but have had no luck. I even created an event trigger to reconnect the devices. Nothing works. The only way to reconnect the units so that HS communicates is by restarting HS. Most of the time this works but.......

Any ideas??? As always, thanks for your input.

Comment

Actually, my problem was not completely resolved. It can still take up to 4 or 5 hours before the plug-in finds the iTach device after a restart of HS (done nightly).

Comment

Wow, sorry you're still battling the problem too. I deactivated Filtered Multicast on my DD-WRT after reading your issues but that didn't help the issue either. Driving me nuts!

Comment

Once the units are initially discovered, the plug-in no longer uses multicast. If you experiencing a delay in discovering the unit after a HomeSeer restart, then try using the Global Cache iHelp utility to see if it is also unable to detect the units on a consistent basis.

Once the units are discovered, the plug-in maintains a connection to TCP port 4998. The network connection is tested by a watchdog timer by asking the units to identify their version. If the plug-in doesn't receive this reply (or some other network response via the TCP port 4998 connection), then it will tear down the network connection and re-establish it.

I *think* I resolved the reconnect issue. See this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=148364

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

UltraGCIR HSPI version 1.1.4165.18196 was just posted to the HomeSeer updater.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                          X