Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Just installed.. problems & questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed.. problems & questions

I recently purchased a GC-IRL, iTach IP2IR, and the UltraGCIR plugin. When I went in to "config" the plugin from the Setup, Interfaces page I received:
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable.
    Complete results attached (FWIW). I am not sure what this means nor the effects it has, if any, on overall operation. After disabling the HS GC plugin and restarting HS, the log errors I was getting went away and I was able to go into the UltraGCIR without problems. However, if this is symptomatic of something else, I would appreciate any feedback?

I purchased a GC-IRL to facilitate IR learning. However, it appears to be DOA. I am in process of sending it back for another, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or just me? Any usage insights I should know about this device, would also be appreciated?

My goal is to develop a HS Touch remote control for my Home Theater. I currently have all my IR codes in a ProntoEdit NG pcf (old TSU3000), and was wondering if it would work ok if I copied the Hex codes from that configuration and pasted them into the GC iConvert program to convert them to GC format? Not sure whether it would be faster or not, but perhaps allow me to start building a code base while my GC-IRL is out of commission. Anyone speak to the reliability/usefulness of this process?

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files

Format question...

I managed to get a learned code through the IP2IR/iLearn/Import process and have a question regarding command structure after the import. In the web page command as displayed (below) there is a $MODULE that I assume is a global variable that gets set at depending on what the IR Device drop down is showing. In this case, 1:3 will be inserted immediately after I click the SENDIR (blue arrow) button? Right? Since I am having trouble getting it to work, I wanted to be sure things are set up correctly.

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

Onkyo file

Is that by chance an Onkyo receiver?

Attached is the file that I imported for my Onkyo NR801.

I also used iConvert to convert many Pronto codes, never had a single failure.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
        Is that by chance an Onkyo receiver?
        Yes, it is. Thanks very much for the codes. I had not been able to make the iConvert work. Your codes helped me find (at least one of) the errors of my ways. For the discrete codes, I was using the ProntoEdit NG stored (compressed) hex codes. iConvert does not produce good GC codes using those. When I went back to the original raw codes (i.e. those on RemoteCentral) they produced a much longer GC code sequence that works fine. Thanks much for the feedback and codes.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
          I purchased a GC-IRL to facilitate IR learning. However, it appears to be DOA. I am in process of sending it back for another, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or just me? Any usage insights I should know about this device, would also be appreciated?
          Well the second IRL arrived today and it was also DOA. Different symptoms than my first one but still dead. I sent it back and will try one more time.

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X