Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Questiongs about your plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questiongs about your plugin

I have the following questions about your global cache plugin.

1) Can you use both the homeseer global cache plugin and your plugin simultaneously, or do you have to choose 1 to control your global cache equipment?

2) Is there and limit to the number of commands for a particular port? Is there is a limit to the total number of IR commands for the plugin? I have about 20 remote controls, and some have 75 commands or more.

3) Is there a trial period for use with your plugin?

4) If I have questions after buying your plugin is the only place to get them answered, or will you provide a personal email address, phone number, etc.

Thanks,
    Doug

Originally posted by Doug Krasnoff View Post
    I have the following questions about your global cache plugin.

1) Can you use both the homeseer global cache plugin and your plugin simultaneously, or do you have to choose 1 to control your global cache equipment?
    The Global Cache GC-100's only support one connection. The iTach units support multiple connections. You can use both the homeseer global cache plugin and the UltraGCIR plug-in assuming you are using the iTach units.

2) Is there and limit to the number of commands for a particular port? Is there is a limit to the total number of IR commands for the plugin? I have about 20 remote controls, and some have 75 commands or more.
    You are limited to about 99 IR commands per port. You shouldn't have a problem provided you can map one remote to one port on the GC device.

3) Is there a trial period for use with your plugin?
    Yes, 30 days. I believe HomeSeer will extend it if you need more time to evaluate it.

4) If I have questions after buying your plugin is the only place to get them answered, or will you provide a personal email address, phone number, etc.
    You can post questions here or e-mail me at ultrajones@hotmail.com.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      You are limited to about 99 IR commands per port. You shouldn't have a problem provided you can map one remote to one port on the GC device.
      Ultrajones, could you expand on this a little more? I am using the IP2IR blaster port to control all of my HT devices. Are you saying the UltraGCIR plugin can only handle 99 IR Codes on the blaster port (i.e. #3)? I have currently imported over 130 codes (with more on the way), and so far all "seems" well. What causes this limitation?

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

My bad. There is a limit of 99 devices, not IR codes that can be learned per device.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm going to add some questions to this thread. I searched, but didn't see clear answers. I am hoping to verify the following:

Your plug in will work with the GC100 and any of the itach devices, supporting all functionality of these, specifically:

Serial/232
          Sensor Status
          Relay/Contact Closure

Thanks, Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
            I'm going to add some questions to this thread. I searched, but didn't see clear answers. I am hoping to verify the following:

Your plug in will work with the GC100 and any of the itach devices, supporting all functionality of these, specifically:

Serial/232
            Sensor Status
            Relay/Contact Closure

Thanks, Pete
            Pete, the Serial/232 is supported when connected to the GC-IRE. Both Sensor Status and Relay/Contact Closure is supported when used with the GC100 and the iTach devices (assuming the iTach device supports it).

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Pete, the Serial/232 is supported when connected to the GC-IRE. Both Sensor Status and Relay/Contact Closure is supported when used with the GC100 and the iTach devices (assuming the iTach device supports it).

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Thanks. Do you mean that Serial/232 only works for the GC-IRE and not other 232 applications?

If this is the case, it isn't a deal breaker for me. The IRE is the 1 immediate application I have.

Thanks, Pete

Comment

I tested the GC-100 RS232 port with my Pioneer VSX-1121-K and it worked great. However, the RS232 port just worked and didn't require else for it to work. What other applications would you use the RS232 for?

Comment

What other applications would you use the RS232 for?
                  Eventually, for:
                  AV Router
                  AV Surround Processor
                  Display
                  HVAC interface

I think that maybe this functionality exists without the plug in. I'm currently using the iTach 232 device between HS and my Z-troller, by simply addressing the IP port directly. This seems that maybe this is your experience as well. It would be nice to have a device that it is easy to set up send commands, as well as a device to listen for received commands and responses.

Comment

Support for getstate()

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    UltraJones,
                    I am having an issue using the HS Global Cache plugin for controlling a couple ITach IPCC's. Seems as though HS's plugin does not make use of the getstate() command (except at startup) to provide any indication as to whether or not a requested setstate command has executed on a particular relay. Does your plugin incorporate a getstate query to confirm a setstate request? Here is a link I posted a couple weeks ago with more in depth description http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...22#post1017822
                    Thanks,

Comment

Sorry, I missed this question. I know the earlier iTach WiFi issues were resolved with a firmware update. However, I acknowledge there is an issue where the relay status is not reset if the command is not acknowledged.

I'll order an ITach IPCC to ensure the UltraGCIR plug-in reflects the true state of the relay. It should take about 1-2 weeks to receive the ITach IPCC.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                      X