Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Script to send IR commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to send IR commands

Greetings.

I'm looking for code which would send learned IR commands to the GC-100 from a web page. My goal is to design web pages which would be virtual representations of the remotes for equipment around the house.

I have a GC-100 and UltraGCIR installed and configured. I can send IR commands from the STATUS page in HomeSeer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Have a look at hs.sendIR in the HomeSeer help files to send an IR command.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I tried that function, but it would not send to the GC-100. However, I did see another post that talked about the hs.SetDeviceValue function and that one does work.

Comment

Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I looked at a tutorial for Ajax. That certainly appears to be a clean way to go since it does not refresh the enter page every time a button is clicked. However, what I would like is if you would put together a sample implimentation, let's say with couple of buttons. Then I would like to attempt coding my own pages. I would like this to be a learning experience for me as opposed to just having someone do it for me. I would also like to see an example of sending the IR commands from a FORM button. I currently have all of my X10 buttons coded with form buttons.

Ken

Comment

Attached Files
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The update has been posted. I tired the new IR Control feature with Windows IE, Safari, Apple iPad and the HP Touchpad.

The sample you asked for is called hspi_ultragcir_sendir_test.aspx

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

UltraJones, thank you very much for the update. This is way cool!!

Comment

Working...
                X