Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi2IR communication problem

Hello,

I am having a problem where communication to my WiFi2IR devices stops. To get things working again I have to restart HomeSeer. Note that I do not have to power cycle the WiFi2IR box. Also, disabling and enabling the plugin does not fix the problem.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I have the following configuration:

Home Seer Pro 2.5.0.23
    UltraCGIR 1.1.4246.36142
    WiFi2IR firmware 710-1001-02 using WEP 64 bit

I recently made network changes. I changed my wireless security to WEP 64 bit. My routers are Linksys.

I actually have two of these setups in two houses. Same problem in both.

I have attached a log that shows a communications problem, an HSPRO restart, and then things working fine.
    Attached Files

The logs you provided show you are running UltraGCIR version 1.1.3993.38767. Please download UltraGCIR HSPI version 1.1.4246.36142 from the HomeSeer updater and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Upgraded to latest version, no luck

Hello Ultrajones. Thank you for your reply and the excellent plugin.

I upgraded to the latest version shortly after my original post. It did not fix the problem. Do you need update log files?

I'm wondering if this is related to the security method. I used to be running under WEP, now I am using WPA 64 bit. I wish Wifi2ir units were more robust on the WiFi implementation. From what I read, they are working on a new firmware.

Regardless, I'm sure you agree that if restarting homeseer fixes the problem then you should be able to do something to overcome the problem.

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      The logs you provided show you are running UltraGCIR version 1.1.3993.38767. Please download UltraGCIR HSPI version 1.1.4246.36142 from the HomeSeer updater and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Regards,
      Ultrajones

Comment

Yes, please send the log files.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hmmm... I've been waiting for this problem to reproduce itself. No luck so far. Perhaps the new version did make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremystevenson View Post
            Hmmm... I've been waiting for this problem to reproduce itself. No luck so far. Perhaps the new version did make a difference.
            Looks like you may want to upgrade the firmware on your GC WiFi device too:

Release Notes
            iTach 710-XXXX-05 Release

**Intro**
            This update introduces two new LED Lighting modes, handles some bugs resulting in connectivity loss between wireless routers/access points, as well as other minor changes.

***Changes from the iTach 710-XXXX-04 Release***

*iTach IR units now have two dedicated LED Lighting modes, wherein a button can be wired into either the second connector alone (single button mode) or into both the first and second connector (two button mode). For more information, see the iTach API specification.

*iTach SL units now support 14400 baud.

*WiFi model iTach units now broadcast gratuitous ARP packets every 3 seconds in order to work around routers which do not accept 802.11b ARP replies and, therefore, operate outside of specifications.

*WiFi model iTach units now work around a reconnection issue with some routers, wherein units would be unable to reconnect to the network after being disconnected.

*WiFi model iTach units are now compatible with all testable router implementations of 128 bit WEP encryption.

*WiFi model iTach units are now capable of accepting WPA passphrases up to 63 characters (up from 32 characters).
            Last edited by Ultrajones; September 23, 2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Ah, that's a new version from a month ago. I upgraded to it. Let's see how it holds out. If I don't respond, that fixed the problem.

Thanks agian.

Comment

Working...
              X