Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

New User Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User Questions

I'm trying to get my GC devices to work. I've installed your plug in. 2 things are preventing me from using it.

1: My GC IP2SL which I connect directly to via IP for my Z-Troller sometimes becomes non-responive. When I look in the log, I can see the UltraGCIR is trying to communicate with it. How do I set UltraGCIR to ignore this device?

2: I cannot figure out how to add other GC devices. I have a IP2IR on the network that the GC utility can find, but I cannot figure out how to find or define it in the plug in.

Thanks, Pete

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
    2: I cannot figure out how to add other GC devices. I have a IP2IR on the network that the GC utility can find, but I cannot figure out how to find or define it in the plug in.
    Disregard this bit. I see the the plug in has already created devices based on the available GC hardware. I didn't see these in the plug in configuration page, but do see the devices listed.

Is there a quick way to reconcile which virtual device is which physical device?

I have:
    1 IP2SL
    1 IP2IR (all three ports set to sensor)

My new HS devices are:
    2 "Global Cache Ethernet" devices
    2 "Global Cache Sensor" devices
    1 "Global Cache Sensor_notify" device
    1 "Global Cache Serial" Device

I presume that each iTach has a ethernet device.
    I presume that the IP2SL is the Serial Device
    I presume that 2 of the three IP2IR ports are the Sensor devices and the 3rd is the sensor_notify device

Assuming the above to be true, why do the 3 sensors show up as 2 different types of devices?

How can I get the plug in to ignore the IP2SL which I use without the plugin for my Z-Troller?

Do I need to restart HS to find new GC devices, or is there a way to update devices in the plug in config or elsewhere?

Thanks, Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
      I have:
      1 IP2SL
      1 IP2IR (all three ports set to sensor)

My new HS devices are:
      2 "Global Cache Ethernet" devices
      2 "Global Cache Sensor" devices
      1 "Global Cache Sensor_notify" device
      1 "Global Cache Serial" Device

I presume that each iTach has a ethernet device.
      I presume that the IP2SL is the Serial Device
      I presume that 2 of the three IP2IR ports are the Sensor devices and the 3rd is the sensor_notify device

Assuming the above to be true, why do the 3 sensors show up as 2 different types of devices?
      That seems to be true re:virtual and physical devices. I see that all devices should be "Sensor_Notify" and set to a specific port, as explained in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=151404

I do not see status events in the log, but am able to trigger events based on the device value change. Very cool.

Is there a way to make this status (changes only) appear in the log?

I still don't see how to disable my IP2SL, although it is status "disconnected" and my ztroller is working.

At some point, I will figure out how to get IR in and out of HS with this plug in.

Thanks, Pete

Comment

Working...
      X