Support for IP2SL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for IP2SL ?

I am trying to add IR receivers in several rooms in my home that will integrate with Homeseer. My goal is to control multiple Homeseer devices from IR remotes in different rooms. I tried the USB-UIRT, but it is only possible to have one unit in the system. The rooms are spread out fairly far apart and I was hoping the Itach products would be my solution.

I was hoping that the IP2IR would work well for each room, but it turns out they dont support IR receivers. The IP2IR has a "sensor" input, but that is for the contact closure, etc, and not IR receivers.

I was told, however, that I could add the IR receiver (GC-RG1) to the IR extender (GC-IRE) which then outputs on a serial plug. I see that you have successfully integrated this solution with the GC-100. The problem for me is that I cant have long serial runs because the rooms are too far apart. I already have cat5 going to the rooms. Instead of using the GC-100, I was wondering if their is any support for the IP2SL which would convert the serial to IP over the cat 5.

This would look like this:

GC-RG1 --> GC-IRE --> IP2SL --> Network --> Homeseer

I would think the IP2SL would be similar to the IP2IR.

Are trying to use an IR remote to trigger HomeSeer events? If so, that setup should work. I ordered a IP2SL to confirm it works. I'll let you know.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes. That's what I was planning to do. I have one on the way as well.
      Should be here by next week. Looking forward to getting this working.

Comment

The only piece that may be an issue is your choice of IR remote codes. Some work better than others. With trial and error, you'll be able to find IR codes where the pattern can be detected and work well for triggering HomeSeer events.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

When setting up the USB-UIRT to trigger events in Homeseer, I just found an old unused remote and learned several buttons off that remote and set them up to IR match for various events. I obviously didnt want to use remotes that control the TV, Amp, etc.

I presume the same process would work for the IRE with the learner module, which I also bought. That being the case, then I have a lot of freedom on which IR codes I can use--I have a large box full of a few dozen old remotes.

Are there any particular brands that work best?

Comment

I got my IP2SL device today.

I have it configured on the LAN and can hit it with Ilearn. Your plugin doesnt recognize it, unfortunately.

I plugged in the GC-IRE into it, hoping the plugin in would find it attached, but no good.

Comment

I also received mine and the UltraGCI HSPI properly detected the ethernet interface and serial port. I then connected the GC-IRE, issued a "reconnect" on the serial port, then confirm the plug-in was able to learn IR commands. Do you have your HomeSeer system and IP2SL on the same network?

Comment

I rebooted the box and it found the GC-IRE. Excellent. Now off to play a bit.

Comment

Im unable to learn IR Triggers for the Serial device. The receiver is accepting the IR (little blue light comes on) but nothing happens on the IR Trigger page. Have tried reconnect, etc.

What are the Serial settings supposed to be on IP2SL? Baud rate, etc.?

Comment

Even though Im connected, I get alot of these errors as well:

2/2/2012 5:46:03 PM UltraGCIR Warning No response/improper response from SERIAL [192.168.0.71] to command 'id'
                    2/2/2012 5:46:01 PM UltraGCIR Warning No response/improper response from SERIAL [192.168.0.71] to command 'id'
                    2/2/2012 5:45:38 PM UltraGCIR Warning No response/improper response from SERIAL [192.168.0.71] to command 'id'
                    2/2/2012 5:45:36 PM UltraGCIR Warning No response/improper response from SERIAL [192.168.0.71] to command 'id'

enabled debug and attached log.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by prsmith777; February 2, 2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Here is the screenshot of the serial port settings that work for me.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, that seemed to work.

I've had a heck of a time, however, getting the IR codes to respond correctly. I have used four different remotes and each one has issues. Most problems were with repeating. Some codes repeat up to 7 times, and other only 2. Ive tried relearning the codes to no avail.

It seems the process is a bit roundabout. The codes have to be learned at the IRE, then these codes are IR matched to trigger a second set of codes learned on the IP2IR. A simple IR passthrough would be more accurate, wouldnt it?

Some people (AxisAV in Australia) have already started working on this, so I expect its possible.

http://globalcache.zendesk.com/entri...-a-ir-repeater

Could I put this in as a feature request?

Comment

Working...
                        X