global cache gc-100-12 with old firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

global cache gc-100-12 with old firmware

hi i have a global cache gc-100-12 with the old firmware v2.0.8 and can not find it with UltraGCIR plugin.

It is possible to use gc-100-12 with old firmware in UltraGCIR plug?

To it is possible to add in the ip address of the GC-100-12 manually?

The UltraGCIR plug-in does not work with firmware v2.0.8. You can send it back to Global Cache for a $35 firmware update though. Turn around is pretty quick (about a week).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; November 14, 2012, 09:36 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

hi
      I live in norway so that it becomes too expensive to ship it to update it will cost $ 107 and that is the price of a new global cache ip2ir.
      so I enough not use my gc-100-12

is somewhat different as it goes ann using the CG-100-12to or is it just rubbish?

Comment

In my opinion, the GC-100-12 with upgraded firmware is still better than the Global Cache IP2IR. The GC-100-12 has 6 IR ports, 3 relay connections and has 2 serial ports.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

ok but is it possible to add manual IP to the ultraGCIR plugin in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            In my opinion, the GC-100-12 with upgraded firmware is still better than the Global Cache IP2IR. The GC-100-12 has 6 IR ports, 3 relay connections and has 2 serial ports.
            But that's the problem with GC-100s. The firmware is not field upgradable. Sending it to the US from e.g. Norway is not always an option...
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

The point I was trying to make is that if you are going to spend money purchasing a IP2IR, you may want to consider paying the $107 shipping cost instead to get the GC-100-12 upgraded.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Ah, yes. Good point.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I have a GC-100-12 with same firmware. It works with HS GC plugin (need to manually add device). I only use its relay contacts. Didn't test others.

Comment

Working...
                  X