Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iTachWF2IR Contact Closure Sensor Setup (GC-SC1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTachWF2IR Contact Closure Sensor Setup (GC-SC1)

So I took the advice of some users on this forum and decided to use the UltraGCIR HSPI plugin instead of the Homeseer Global Cache plugin. Now I need some help setting up the plugin to detect contact closure status change. So far I don't see anything being detected in the logs. This is what I've done so far:

1. Setup iTachWF2IR device and set Connector 1 to Sensor Notify, use port 9132, and Notify Timer to 0.
    2. Installed UltraGCIR and confirmed the GlobalCache Sensor_Notify device is active.

I've touched the two wires together on the GC-SC1 and watched the Homeseer logs but nothing shows up. What needs to be done to the plugin to detect status changes? Thanks in advance for any help you are able to lend

I just connected my GC-SC1 to my iTachWF2IR and I am only seeing the sensor notify when I plug it in and when I unplug it. I also tested my GC-SP1 and I am seeing the same behavior.

I changed the Notify Timer to 10 and it is not sending the correct sensor value when the contacts are open. It always returns 1. I have no idea why the Global Cache iTachWF2IR is not reflecting the correct sensor status.

I'll contact Global Cache.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Can you confirm the sensor LED is off when the contact is open and on when the contact is closed?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Here is the response I received from Global Cache:

"The GC sensors are not directly compatible with iTach units, which is why you are seeing what you are seeing. In order to work with the iTach, you will need to use an intermediary cable to swap the ring and tip lines in the stereo connection. This must be done separately from the sensor, so the best way to do this is use a male by female extension cable, cut it in the middle and wire ground to ground, ring to tip and tip to ring. Once you have this set up, the sensor will work exactly as it does with the GC-100."

Regards,
        Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X