Help with GC-IRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with GC-IRL

I am trying to learn codes for 2 older Sony receivers. I've read the FAQ at GC and that wasn't much help. So I'm hoping someone here might have ideas or suggestions for how I can make some progress. Any suggestions of where to find the codes for an STR-DE185 and STR-DE315 would be greatly appreciated Or if someone knows how to make adjustments in the iLearn software, I will try those.

The good news is that ccat's list of codes that works for one of my 4 receivers, so I know the plug-in and the GC-100 are working.

Thanks,
    Barry

Solved- mostly

Exchanged notes with the GC folks and they gave me some ideas of what to try using iLearn. I'm dealing with 3 different model receivers. I finally got one button to work. Once I had that, I just worked on the others until I got the basics working. The second remote was more of a problem. I could get CD and Tuner working, but nothing else, even after trying all the tricks I had learned earlier.

I found that one of the other remotes would all control some of the receiver's basic functions. I was able to learn those codes using iLearn and now have control of all my whole-house receivers.

Barry

Comment

I had a similar issue with my older Denon receiver. I ended up finding the IR HEX codes on the internet, then used the Global Cache iConvert program to convert the IR HEX codes to the Global Cache IR codes for use with the UltraGGIR HSPI.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm converting to the GC from an Slink-e and I had all the Slink-e files, but couldn't find a way to convert them. These are receivers from the late 90s I use for my whole-house audio. There isn't much in the way of IR files out there. Luckily, I only needed a few working codes.

On a related note, your plug-in is turning out to be extremely useful, since I can have both the Slink-e and the GC-100 working at the same time (not an option with HS plug-ins). So I can update all my HSTouch screens as time permits.

Thanks.
        Barry

Comment

Working...
        X