Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

After adding commands, only STOP_IR is available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After adding commands, only STOP_IR is available?

Hi all

Just installed ultragcir and it's a pleasure of how simple it to use. I've already loaded a few commands that were learned with iLearn and they tested okay in IR Device tab.

But when I go to status page, the device only shows STOP_IR command in the drop down lost. Same if I pick the device as action in an event.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

I'll have to look at the code to see if manually adding IR commands updates the HomeSeer device. In the meantime, can you restart HomeSeer, then let me know if the restart updated the list of device commands?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have the same issue. Adding a new command causes all of the existing commands to "disappear". Restarting HS brings them back (including the new one). This is not consistent, as it does save them and display the same error sometimes as well (the new command is not listed on the device page yet though, although it does show up on the config page)

Error log says:
      5/26/2013 8:49:56 AM ~!~UltraGCIR Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the InsertGCIRData() function/subroutine: [System.Exception: IR data not in the required format. Unable to insert new data into IR database. at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR.HSPI.InsertGCIRData(String GCDeviceIndex, String strIRButton, String strIRData, Boolean bIRTriggerPattern)]
      5/26/2013 8:50:05 AM ~!~UltraGCIR Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the InsertGCIRData() function/subroutine: [System.Exception: One or more required fields are empty. Unable to insert new data into IR database. at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR.HSPI.InsertGCIRData(String GCDeviceIndex, String strIRButton, String strIRData, Boolean bIRTriggerPattern)]

Stopping and restarting the plugin does not fix the problem. Only restarting HS:
      Error log for plugin restart:
      26/2013 9:01:30 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Shutting down generic Plug-In: UltraGCIR
      5/26/2013 9:01:30 AM ~!~UltraGCIR Info~!~UltraGCIR - shutting down I/O ...

5/26/2013 9:01:38 AM ~!~UltraGCIR Info~!~UltraGCIR version 1.1.4809.16816 starting ...
      5/26/2013 9:01:38 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: UltraGCIR
      5/26/2013 9:01:38 AM ~!~UltraGCIR Info~!~UltraGCIR - initializing I/O ...
      5/26/2013 9:01:38 AM ~!~UltraGCIR Info~!~Database connection closed successfuly.
      5/26/2013 9:01:38 AM ~!~UltraGCIR Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the InitializeDatabase() function/subroutine: [System.Exception: An existing database connection could not be closed. at HSPI_ULTRAGCIR.Database.InitializeDatabase()]
      5/26/2013 9:01:38 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing interface: UltraGCIR->The database connection failed to initialize.
      5/26/2013 9:01:38 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in UltraGCIR

Z
      Last edited by vasrc; May 26th, 2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I forgot what I did exactly... but I think it may have just needed a restart. After that, importing .txt files that were generated by iLearn worked perfectly.

I'm pretty stoked.. I can control 11 out of 12 aircons that I have. The problematic one is a Daikin aircon and I think they use extra-long IR codes; which are problematic when captured with GlobalCache's device.
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Just got back from a 2.5weeks vacation, turned out the plugin stopped working sometime during the time I was away.

The drop list of 'IR Devices' and 'IR Control' became empty while the devices are still listed in the main status view (also through HSTouch) so I didn't realize it wasn't working all that time.

Comment

Working...
          X