Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTach Flex

Has anyone used iTach Flex yet?

It's pretty interesting that the same device can function as WIFI/LAN to Serial or WIFI/LAN to Infrared by just switching the cable. Somewhat cheaper than WF2IR and IP2IR too.

On top of being backward compatible with GC-100 and previous iTach devices, it introduces 2 more control path (via web), I suppose to cater to the mobile (iOS, Android)?

Anyway, I've just ordered a (wired) iTach Flex + 3 port IR cable to replace my GC-100-12 which cannot handle IR commands for Daikin and Mitsubishi Mr.Slim airconditioners.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

It works with HS2 UltraGCIR

Even though it is not official. My Flex was recognized by UltraGCIR. My flex is a single Blaster. GCIR finds it as 1:1. I loaded Power on/off codes for 4 devices and all works fine. This Blaster actuality works (unlike the BL2 Blaster).

ULTRA the link to your documentation above is broken.

Comment

I've got my flex, with the tri-port cable. Unfortunately GCIR doesn't recognize that it's a device with 3 output and only shows up as a 1:1 node.

It seems that iTach Flex is not supported yet by UltraGCIR.

Ultrajones, can we get this fixed please?
      Last edited by LeoS; July 19, 2013, 03:16 PM.
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I just unboxed my iTachFlex. It is a pretty neat device. I'll get UltraGCIR HSPI updated to support the iTachFlex before starting the HS3 conversion. It may take up to 2 weeks before I can post an update though ...

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have the Global Cache Flex working with any combination of IR devices connected. I now have to figure out how to code it so that if you connect a serial device to one of the tri-ports, it doesn't display it as an IR device. Almost there ...

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

It looks like the tri-port cable and the serial cable cannot be used at the same time, so I think the coding changes are complete. I'll post an update shortly that adds support for the Global Cache iTach iFlex.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              It looks like the tri-port cable and the serial cable cannot be used at the same time, so I think the coding changes are complete. I'll post an update shortly that adds support for the Global Cache iTach iFlex.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              HS2 or HS3?

Comment

The update is to UltraGCIR HSPI for HS2.

Comment

I just posted UltraGCIR HSPI version 1.1.4999.26515 that adds support for the Global Cache iTach Flex.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

I had my flex working before the upgrade. I only have a single IR blaster. I have a tri cable but I am not using it. New version will not find Flex. Old version found it an it worked. Should I do something special?

update: The flex is appearing in the status as Wifi module 0:1. It does not appear when I go to the plugin to input codes.
                    Last edited by rhodesep; September 8, 2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I was wrong

iTech Flex is not showing up. Ultramon detects it but, ultraGCIR does not.

Comment

Can you tell me what firmware version you are using? I believe the latest is 710-2000-07.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          Can you tell me what firmware version you are using? I believe the latest is 710-2000-07.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          I am on 710-2000-07. I had been using the flex since it arrived on the last software. Since I only using one BL and no tri cable. The last version found it. I learned the codes and all worked.

Comment

New information

Randy

There is a new iHelp (ver 4.3) which upgrades the firmware to 710-2000-09.
                            You will have to shutdown HS2 to run iHelp that will load the firmware. Guess what, the iTach Flex showed up when I restarted HS2. The device and codes I had entered were still there. It seems to be working OK.

Thanks, Gene

Comment

Serial Commands?

Hi guys - I have a 2 iTach Flexs. One is being used in triport IR and works great (in early testing). My other one is a serial connection.

Did you ever get the iTach Flex Serial to work? You mention the code is complete. It shows up as a Serial device to me and is discovered just fine by HS3. However, I can't figure out how to send Serial commands. I already know the strings to send.

The documentation mentions IR triggers, but I am not sure how to apply that to serial.

Comment

Working...
                              X