Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

New iTach setup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New iTach setup issues

Over the past couple of years, I have set-up 4 Global Cache units (a combo of GC-100 and iTachs). I recently tried to install a 5th iTach wifi unit and immediately had issues. I can clearly see in the HS log that a command is being sent to the unit and I can see the ir emitter blink that it has received the command but nothing happens. I deleted the learned codes and did a complete code re-write and I get the same problem. I uninstalled the Ultra plug-in, re-installed it, same issue. I bought 2 other iTach units, hardwired not wifi, and tried them with the same result so I know it's not a faulty unit.

I thought perhaps the plug-in couldn't handle more than 4 devices but the documentation says up to 22 units if memory serves me correctly. I did notice that on the Status page of HS the "faulty" unit shows code values preceded by a (%) symbol where all of the other units show a ( ' ). As an example, my Integra receiver on another iTach shows a device code of ('27) where as the device code on the problem unit shows a code of ( %15).

Does anyone have an idea whats going on with this new install? I'm at a loss.

Originally posted by tblackmon9599 View Post
    Over the past couple of years, I have set-up 4 Global Cache units (a combo of GC-100 and iTachs). I recently tried to install a 5th iTach wifi unit and immediately had issues. I can clearly see in the HS log that a command is being sent to the unit and I can see the ir emitter blink that it has received the command but nothing happens. I deleted the learned codes and did a complete code re-write and I get the same problem. I uninstalled the Ultra plug-in, re-installed it, same issue. I bought 2 other iTach units, hardwired not wifi, and tried them with the same result so I know it's not a faulty unit.

I thought perhaps the plug-in couldn't handle more than 4 devices but the documentation says up to 22 units if memory serves me correctly. I did notice that on the Status page of HS the "faulty" unit shows code values preceded by a (%) symbol where all of the other units show a ( ' ). As an example, my Integra receiver on another iTach shows a device code of ('27) where as the device code on the problem unit shows a code of ( %15).

Does anyone have an idea whats going on with this new install? I'm at a loss.
    Greetings. If the iTach device is blinking when you send the IR, then the plug-ins appears to be functioning properly. It sounds like the learned IR isn't valid. During the IR learn process, are you able to test the IR to ensure the learned IR is valid?

I had a few devices that just refused to learn IR properly. I simply visited the vendor's web site and downloaded the IR HEX codes, then used the Global Cache iConvert program to convert them from Hex to Global Cache for use in the UltraGCIR plug-in.

You also state you're using GC-100 units. Are you able to move the iTach device near the GC-100 to see if a previously saved IR for the GC-100 works for your new iTach unit?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The codes are for a Sceptre TV. I have another one setup already on another iTach unit and I'm using the same learned codes, copied over to the new unit. Works like a charm on the other unit. Just to be sure I re-learned a couple codes yesterday and tried again with no luck. I'll try to find the codes and convert. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X