Virtual Serial port software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Serial port software

I am looking for a little help with serial ports on CG-100-12 devices not sure if this is the right place to ask but here it goes.

I have multiple GC-100-12's around the house for IR control and would like to be able to usethe com ports on them as well I have tried the sotware that is recommended on the Homeseer page for purchase of GC serial devices but it doesn't seem to be creating the virtual serial ports. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it doesn't work with windows 8.1 64bit (I even purchased the 64bit licence) I then was told about software from HW group and it work good but only allows one virtual port to be created. I would like to be able to access the serial ports on all 4 of my GC-100-12's that would create and aditional 8 serial connection I could access can someone please help me out on this one

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Hi Ken,

Have you tried this one:http://www.lantronix.com/device-netw...director.html?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al,

Ill check it out tomorrow after work.

Cheers Ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Starting to think its me and I'm doing something wrong, I have tried a few different serial port programs and they dont seem to create the com ports in device manager I thought I would see them there but maybe I'm mistaken can anyone clarify this

Cheers Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
          Starting to think its me and I'm doing something wrong, I have tried a few different serial port programs and they dont seem to create the com ports in device manager I thought I would see them there but maybe I'm mistaken can anyone clarify this

Cheers Ken
          I use VSPE and it works great. You first create a connector and then the client. I do not see the COM port that I set up in VSPE in the device manager.

Elliott

Comment

Ok thanks for the info. That will help. I will continue with my install then and see what happens. I really thought they would show up in the device manager.

Cheers ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X