Log Error at Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Error at Startup

I am getting an error in the log at statup.
    Unable to initialize Infrared interface Global Cac: Either no license or trial has expired

I am using UltraGCIR not the Global Cache plugin from Homeseer.
    Both show as registered but the Global Cache plugin has no license number.
    This plugin is DISABLED.

Why is a disabled plugin generating an error in the log?
    How do I eliminate this?

Thanks

You are running HS2 correct? This is a long running problem when using HS2. The disabling the plugin and then restarting HS2 and then enable the plugin using Chrome or another browser other than IE and it should solve this issue. This issue has been fixed in HS3.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp
      Yes I am running 2.5.0.58 on a Hometroller SE PRO
      New problem.
      My log is all on 1 line. Each line overwrites the previous line. When I start HS, the log through VNC Viewer (not browser) stops at
      Web Server authorized local logon sucessful from 127.0.0.1 User: nnnn

It never finishes and starts up the speaker clients etc.

The log through Chrome on a remote PC is also on one line but does display a device if I toggle a light via HSTouch.

This problem with the log just happened. Any Idea's what is causing this.
      Seems like everytime I touch HS bad things happen. Grrrr.

Comment

I recalling seeing this several years ago when I used HS2. Check the HS2 options to see what you have the maximum log size set to.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultrajones
          This was my problem.

I am trying to get your UltraGCIR plugin working.
          I have a Global Cache GC-100-6 and a iTach WIFI
          I have some commands learned using the iLean.exe utility and pasted into the IR Devices page for the iTach.
          They do not appear on the Homeseer Infrared Signal Configuration page.
          There are 20 old test entries on this page in signal location 1-20 that I would like to delete but the delete button on each line does not work.
          I can manually add one entry which get assigned to signal location 0. I can also delete this manually added entry.
          I can not add any more entries. the dropdown for signal location in blank.
          Are their only 0-21 signal locations?
          Do entries need to be added manually here or is it automatic?
          Do I need the IR plugin (HSPI_Globalcache.dll) also for this to function?
          At startup the log complains that there is no license for HSPI_Globalcache.dll
          It does say it is registered?
          I am confused whether your plugin works with the HSPI_Globalcache.dll plugin
          or replaces it.
          Hopefully you can give me some pointers to get me going.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Tom, my plug-in doesn't use the HS IR mechanism. The HSPI_Globalcache.dll is not my plug-in. That is the HomeSeer version.

Have you reviewed the UltraGCIR3 HSPI User's Guide? It is available from TOOLS > Help > UltraGCIR3 > UltraGCIR3 Help File.

I suggest you get your IR codes from the Global Cache Database. It is fairly new and had all the codes for my devices. It saves time by sending the codes via e-mail that you'll then save to disk and import directly into the plug-in. See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169873

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi Ultrajones,
              I took a look at the help file which did help.
              I downloaded an IR file from Global Cache as you suggested.
              I only see a button for IR Import which I think is for files created from iLearn.exe.
              Not sure how to import the file from Global Cache
              The attached file BedroomTV_IR.txt exports and imports ok.
              These commands are learned and pasted from iLearn.exe
              The attached file Bose_IR.txt is from Global Cache and will not import.

I am running version 1.1.4999.26515 of you plugin which is the lastest in the updater.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!
              Attached Files

Comment

Ultrajones,
                Does your UltraGCIR HSPI plugin for Homeseer 2.X support importing a IR files
                from Global Cache? Or is this only in the plugin for Homeseer 3.0.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Seer1001 View Post
                  Ultrajones,
                  Does your UltraGCIR HSPI plugin for Homeseer 2.X support importing a IR files
                  from Global Cache? Or is this only in the plugin for Homeseer 3.0.

Thanks
                  I did not add that new feature to the HS2 version of the plug-in.

Comment

Working...
                  X