Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

HS3 initial setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 initial setup

I just installed the HS3 version trying to get this one to work better than Homeseers plugin.

As an FYI, this is my first attempt at using a global cache product.

I tried following the help but it is for the HS2 version.

What I have done so far:

Enabled the plugin, went to options and added the IP address of the Global Itach IP2IR device I have. I didn't do this at first because I thought this plugin automatically discovered the device.

Then the plugin wanted me to restart Homeseer which I did. I try to go to any of the tabs and I do not see the device listed. All dropdowns are blank.

I have iHelp running and it shows the device on my network.

Am I doing something obviously incorrect? Do I need to add IR commands to the device before the plugin discovers it? I have not added any IR commands as of yet.

The help file for UltraGCIR3 is available on the HS3 help page. Go to Tools - Help.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks I will look at it. I am use the "Help" being under the plugin tab where the config location is.

Comment

I still can't get this plugin to recognize the device.

I went back to Homeseers plugin and it found the device and was able to "learn" DirecTV's power button and was able to deploy it through the test button so I know the device is working.

I noticed the LG TV commands were posted on another thread since that is the TV I have but have not had any luck getting those "learned".

Without the device being seen by this plugin I can't import those commands either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
          I still can't get this plugin to recognize the device.

I went back to Homeseers plugin and it found the device and was able to "learn" DirecTV's power button and was able to deploy it through the test button so I know the device is working.

I noticed the LG TV commands were posted on another thread since that is the TV I have but have not had any luck getting those "learned".

Without the device being seen by this plugin I can't import those commands either.

Any help would be appreciated.
          A few things to check:
          • Make sure the other HomeSeer plug-ins and any Global Cache programs are not running. If running, they my prevent my plug-in from listening on the UDP multi-cast group.
          • Confirm you installed the UltraGCIR3 plug-in from the system running HomeSeer. You should have seen a Windows firewall prompt asking if you authorize the UltraGCIR3 plug-in to listen for incoming packets.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            A few things to check:
            • Make sure the other HomeSeer plug-ins and any Global Cache programs are not running. If running, they my prevent my plug-in from listening on the UDP multi-cast group.
            • Confirm you installed the UltraGCIR3 plug-in from the system running HomeSeer. You should have seen a Windows firewall prompt asking if you authorize the UltraGCIR3 plug-in to listen for incoming packets.
            I can confirm I did get the windows firewall prompt and I selected Allow.

I did have Homeseer's plugin enabled as well as yours. I disabled theirs, removed the IP from the Options Page, and restarted Homeseer.

That seemed to have worked Seems I have tried all this before but didn't work oh well, it works now.

Now I will start the IR assigning and see if I have any other questions.

Thank you.

Comment

I was able to import the IRs for the LG TV and all is good!

Comment

Is this plugin supported for linux?

I just got a HomeTroller-SEL running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.143 (Linux). I don't see the UltraGCIR in the list of available plugins. Is this only available for HS3 for windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Hektik View Post
                  I just got a HomeTroller-SEL running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.143 (Linux). I don't see the UltraGCIR in the list of available plugins. Is this only available for HS3 for windows?
                  No, it's not working with Linux yet. I'll modify the plug-in to support Linux soon.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi Ultrajones

any estimation for hs3 linux UltraGCIR support ?

i really like to move to work with a linux machine to be the control center.

Thanks

TZach

Comment

My target date is 13 days from Today.

Comment

Working...
                      X