Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on IR Code Learning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advice on IR Code Learning

    Ultra (and everyone else!),
    Sorry for not posting questions about this plugin's issues or successes. I am simply trying it out because I have several Global cache devices. I bought them to use with my iPhone app called Roomie Remote. The app has access to any and all IR codes, huge library. So now I am faced with a strong desire to incorporate AV control into my HS3 installation and, as a prerequisite to even trying this plugin, getting my iTach hardware to learn some codes.

    What do you people use for that and what works best? I have read through supporting documentation on Global Cache site, found out about iLearner hardware and app. I do not have iLearner device but can definitely buy it. I do have one of the Flex devices, which, according to Global Cache's site, can also act as a learner.

    Confused at this point about the learning curve of this undertaking. Any and all suggestions and experience-sharing would be greatly appreciated.

    Oh, just as a side note: all of my Global Cache products were instantly recognized by the plugin on Win7 x64. A whole bunch of devices were created at that time.

  • #2
    See this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169873. Their database should contain the IR codes you need without needing any type of IR learner. Simply send the results to your e-mail, save the results to a text file, then import it into the desired UltraGCIR IR HomeSeer device from the plugin's configuration web page.

    Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      See this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169873. Their database should contain the IR codes you need without needing any type of IR learner. Simply send the results to your e-mail, save the results to a text file, then import it into the desired UltraGCIR IR HomeSeer device from the plugin's configuration web page.

      Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Ultra,
      Thank you for an instant reply. I will try that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ultra,
        I did go to the site, but couldn't find netflix button, for my sony tv. What other options are there and does the IR leaners really help or make things more complex. thanks.
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          Ultra,
          I did go to the site, but couldn't find netflix button, for my sony tv. What other options are there and does the IR leaners really help or make things more complex. thanks.
          I had an IR learner for a while and never ended up using it. I had better success doing Google searches for the IR Hexadecimal codes from my equipment, then using the Global Cache tools to convert those to the GC IR codes. If you cannot find them on Google, then check with the vendor to see if they have the IR Hexadecimal codes available for your TV.

          Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

          Comment


          • #6
            Do any of you guys have codes -- even the most basic ones - for Pioneer receivers? I have a 2013 model VSX-823, which is the same as VSX-8231. I tried codes from Global Cache's web site and I got the codes directly from Pioneer's website (for that receiver!) and I can't even turn it on and off. Every other piece of hardware I tried works great with this plugin. AppleTV, WD Live, Denon Receiver, Panasonic TV - all work by using codes straight from GC site. This Pioneer receiver is killing me. Can't use automation of AV equipment in that room without it...

            Comment


            • #7
              I have a Pioneer receiver as well (VSX-1127) but use UJ's UltraPioneer plugin to control it over Ethernet. However, I did try learning codes from it before and they look like this (Vol+):

              Code:
              sendir,$MODULE,1,40000,1,1,341,171,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,5000
              I don't have all the codes learned, just volume up and down and the various inputs.

              Cheers
              Al
              HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1148 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                I have a Pioneer receiver as well (VSX-1127) but use UJ's UltraPioneer plugin to control it over Ethernet. However, I did try learning codes from it before and they look like this (Vol+):

                Code:
                sendir,$MODULE,1,40000,1,1,341,171,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,21,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,64,21,5000
                Al
                No response...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here are the codes I use for mine ...
                  Attached Files
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X