Volume Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Controls

I have the HTD Lync 12. I am trying import the devices from home-seer in to the Alexa app. When I discover devices it does find the mute devices so I know it's connected to the home-seer account. It does not find the volume devices.

What could I be missing?

I have the same issue. Alexa discovered the Power and the Mute devices, but did not discover anything else, including Volume and Source. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Comment

As far as I know, HomeSeer/Alexa still does not provide support for anything other than on/off devices. There currently isn't support for volume up/down or input devices as this time.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

You may be right, Ultrajones, but Alexa allows dimming, variable fan speeds, percentages of shade opening, etc. So it does support more than on/off commands. Any ideas how to get this to work. Turning the system on/off by voice as the only option really limits the usefulness of this plugin. HTD recommended your plugin for voice control.

Thanks,
        Kevin

Comment

Ultrajones is this lack of volume up/down still an open item with the HTD/Alexa Integration? Please let me know. Thanks!!
          Kevin L

Comment

Nevermind, I found it and problem solved. In the HTD plug-in on the tab called "Audio Zone Devices" there is a dropdown list for which group of components you want to control. These options are "Zone Master Controls", "Zone Audio Controls", and "Zone MP3 Controls". Select the controls you want to enable and voila', you have HomeSeer controls for each feature! The marriage of HomeSeer and HTD is happy once again!

I have a similar issue but it involves all the audio output controls for Centered, Bass, Mute, Treble, and volume. I've disabled and removed the plug-in and then reinstalled and enabled the plug-in but to no avail. I've attached the screen shot of what is presented to my HomeSeer device list. I know these controls can be presented because they show up in the UltroJOnes HTD user guide, What would prevent them from showing up?

Comment

Working...
            X