Failed installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed installation?

I installed the plugin. It finds my HTD MC and assigns address and port.

But, all I get is one device. I get HTD1 Controller Root

And, I only get two features; HTD1 Connection and HTD1 All Zones Power

I do not get any zone devices.
    Also, the status on the Controller Root is disconnected. It will not connect.
    Lastly, I read through previous posts, when I click the manage plugin link, it is empty (see below):

I uninstalled and re-installed twice and it still failed.

The MC appears to work fine, I can control it from the iphone app

Any ideas how to recover from this?
    Attached Files

Please navigate to:

Plug-Ins > UltraHTDAudio3 > UltraHTDAudio3

From there, you'll need to configure your HTD Audio system. Please review the screenshot for an example configuration. Once you connect the HTD audio controler, click on the Audio Zone Devices and Audio Zone Sources to customize. Please let me know if you still need help.
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you for showing me how to read the manual. But, this is not working. Please view my screen shots
      Attached Files

Comment

iphone app screen shots
        Attached Files

Comment

So, the reason I did not reply immediately was because, it seemed to heal itself and start working. Then, suddenly, it stopped working and reverted to the current state in my screen shots. (from my original post) I installed, deleted, reinstalled multiple times. For a while it was working. You can see from this attachment, that the audio was configured in HS4.

The statuses you see in the screen shot here are frozen. I cannot control the HTD in any way.

There is something flaky going on here. It is not HTD, as my iPhone and my android tablet both work flawlessly with HTD.
          Attached Files

Comment

This morning, I tried restarting HS4 and then looked at the log. Nothing shows up in the log that means anything to me, except maybe this, don't know if that is normal or not:

11/27/2020 5:57:31 AM HomeSeer System Ending plug-in process HSPI_ULTRAHTDAUDIO3
            Attached Files

Comment

Any idea on how to fix this?

Comment

So, I kept the plugin in the messed up state hoping the developer would be interested in figuring out why it died. But, the developer never responded. So, I uninstalled the plugin and re-installed it (again-gasp) and the first re-install failed with a "cannot find interface" error. Then, I uninstalled it (again) and re-installed it and now it is working ... for the moment. It happened like this originally, but only ran for a few days before it self destructed.

This is really unacceptable. If this plugin self destructs again I want my money back.

If anyone reading this is interested, I will have my own solution available shortly. I have a Red-Node flow for controlling the MC-66. Couple that with the HomeSeer Webhook plugin to Red-Node ... and it is working way more reliably than this plugin. And, I will publish it in GitHub, so anyone can get it and update it. In the interest of getting it out there I will not be implementing all the functionality. But, it should be useful. [I don't have a Lync].

Comment

Eki,
                  Just curious, what port number did you use to have HS talk to the MC-66 controller?

Comment

Has anyone figured this out, or an alternative to this sdk out? I'm beginning my journey in home automation, and it started with trying to control my MC-66 speakers. I have the same issue as Eki.

Comment

The HS plugin sucks. I ended up doing this in Node-Red with no problems

Comment

I am sorry, I have been away for almost a year. I still have the MC-66, but don't recall having issues you are experiencing. What device are you using to interface with the MC-66? Is it possible the ethernet device you're using to connect to the MC-66 only allows one concurrent connection?
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
                        X