Pioneer VSX-1120-K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Yes, telnet to the IP address of your receiver on TCP port 23. If you get connected, then simply change the volume on your receiver. You should see a response like "VOL000" though "VOL185". If that work, then your receiver supports the RS232 command set over the network.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Hi Ultrajones,

Just to let you know that my Pioneer Elite SC-07 can't be control via LAN. I tried what you said and I can't connect to it.

I also notice that when it is turned on, I can http it's address and see a firmware update page. The internal web server is turn off with the amp.

I have many cat5 running from the wall behind the SC-07 to my HA control room. I will have to build 2 DB9->Cat5 to connect the amp to one of my Quatech QSE-100D serial server.

It is never easy!

Comment

Hi ultrajones,

Just received my 1120, would be very interested (and pay) for your plugin. I plan on having two, hopefully you can support multiple devices?

Don't suppose you have the RS-232 codes do you?

Jon

Comment

Pionner Elite SC-07, Vista 64 bits, QSE-100D RS232 server

Hi Ultrajones,

My RS232 setup is done. I can now control my SC-07 from telnel. This is realy cool.

I had no luck with my 4th port on my QSE-100D. After an evening trying to find where the problem was, wrong DB9-RJ45 pinouts? Bad cat5 wire? Or bad drivers? I decide to try on another QSE-100D I had and it's working.

I don't want to put pressure on you, but i'm now waiting for your plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
          Hi ultrajones,

Just received my 1120, would be very interested (and pay) for your plugin. I plan on having two, hopefully you can support multiple devices?

Don't suppose you have the RS-232 codes do you?

Jon
          Hello Jon. Initialize release will support 1 receiver.

The RS232 codes are posted here:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...eivers.Default
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am very close to the first release of the UltraPioneerAVR plug-in. Any feature requests before the first release?

I did find one bug in the Pioneer VSX-1120-K tuner direct access. You cannot tune to a station containing the same digit (e.g. 93.90). I reported it to Pionner and I am waiting for thier findings. However, tuner presets work fine to there is a work-around for AM/FM tuning.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

My requests would be:

Get and control on/off status
              Get and control Volume status
              Get and control ZONE status
              Get status of current source and audio effects

Trigger actions on AVR on, AVR volume change, AVR source change etc

Send URL to receiver for Radio section

Very keen to see what you've been working on, i've not bothered writing a RS232 script in anticipation of this...

Jon

Comment

I also have the Pioneer VSX 82txi which I control via RS232. Would you consider adding support for the previous generation Pioneers? I have the serial codes?

Another suggestion is to have a config page to make your own receiver script - enter the codes into the template....

That would sell you quite a few licenses I would think

Jon

Comment

For those who were waiting for the price to drop, NewEgg is having a 3-day sale (it ends 8/16/2010 - today). $499.00 with free UPS ground shipping.

That's $250 off from retail.
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

The first beta has been posted:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=143135

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Wow. Newegg has this receiver for $499 for 3 days longer. Order placed!

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        Even without UJ's plug-in, I really am pleased with the HTR. Thanks UJ for letting us know about it. System setup was a snap. I look forward to the plug-in once the crash problem is figured out.
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Let us know how your newegg purchase goes. I read some of the feedback posts and they were not to positive. I believe their issues could be user error... just curious about your findings. I also see ultrajones posted a very positive comment...

See http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882117343
                          Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
                            Let us know how your newegg purchase goes. I read some of the feedback posts and they were not to positive. I believe their issues could be user error... just curious about your findings. I also see ultrajones posted a very positive comment...

See http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882117343
                            My newegg.com experience was excellent. Shipment was fast. Delivery was as expected/desired. No problems with them. Only problem I can see is if you change your mind. This $499 deal may not be for you as you can't send it back for a refund. Trade it for another one perhaps, but no refund. You want money-back guarantee, go elsewhere or don't do the sale price and all.
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Thanks for the comments!
                              Billy

Comment

That is a great price for this receiver. I paid $650 and still think I got a deal :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X