Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either no license or trial has expired

Hi Ultra,

A few week's ago I your plugin was causing HS crash when my receiver was turned off. I'd like to see if it's working now before paying.

I've install your new plugin but I have this message:

2010-10-07 20:28:19 - Error - (1) Unable to initialize interface UltraPioneerAVR :Either no license or trial has expired

I wish I could have a 30 days trial or at least 2-3.

Thank you

You need to put in a licensing help desk request to get a new 30 day trial.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Hi Ultra,

A few week's ago I your plugin was causing HS crash when my receiver was turned off. I'd like to see if it's working now before paying.

2010-10-07 20:28:19 - Error - (1) Unable to initialize interface UltraPioneerAVR :Either no license or trial has expired

Thank you
      I paid for the plugin and it is working. HS does not crash at all regardless of what I do with the plugin. In fact, HS hasn't crashed in so long I don't remember the last time.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Hi Ultra,

Thank you
        I cannot duplicate the issue you reported. If you experience a crash after the license is reset, please open a HomeSeer helpdesk case so the crash data can be analyzed. Please keep me updated on the status.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I just submit a helpdesk ticket. I will try it again this weekend.

Ultra, if the problem is still there, I'll follow your instruction and submit it to HS helpdesk.

Comment

Trial is on it's way.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

HS still crash as soon as I my receiver is close. I'll open a HS support ticket.

Comment

You need to adjust your receiver to leave network online even with the receiver "off".

Otherwise, you cannot turn the receiver on via the plug-in. At least, I think that's the proper thing. It works for me.
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                  You need to adjust your receiver to leave network online even with the receiver "off".

Otherwise, you cannot turn the receiver on via the plug-in. At least, I think that's the proper thing. It works for me.
                  My receiver (SC-07) does not have this setting. It's RS232 only for the control.

I'm currently controlling it from a script without any problem.

Comment

My receiver (SC-07) does not have this setting. It's RS232 only for the control.

I'm currently controlling it from a script without any problem.
                    Ahh, gotcha. Hopefully UJ can adjust the PI to handle power off situations better for serial controlled AVRs.
                    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I have thoroughly tested the plug-in with an RS232 connection to my receiver. All the functions that handle network and serial data have try catch blocks. HomeSeer should not be crashing. I suspect something else is causing the crash. Rich or Rick will need to analyze the crash data to determine the cause.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        I have thoroughly tested the plug-in with an RS232 connection to my receiver. All the functions that handle network and serial data have try catch blocks. HomeSeer should not be crashing. I suspect something else is causing the crash. Rich or Rick will need to analyze the crash data to determine the cause.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        I know what it is to search for a bug when we can't replicate it. I had a similar problem this week. Of around 100 users, only one had one of my application crashing. Every pc are suppose to be built the same... Could'nt find a solution. May be next week ;-)

Comment

There was no crash data provided on the help desk ticket in addition the help desk isn't the place to post issues with 3rd party plugins. The plugin forum is.
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

Comment

Rupp, since when has *HomeSeer* crash data by analyzed via the HomeSeer message board? What process do I follow to obtain the free 3rd party developer support to request HomeSeer to analyze crash data?

Comment

Working...
                            X