Anyone Have The Pioneer VSX-1020-K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Have The Pioneer VSX-1020-K?

I heard rumors that the Pioneer VSX-1020-K supports the RS232 command set via port 8102 (the iPhone TCP port). Can someone with this receiver see if they can connect using TCP port 8102? If you decide you want to test it, please do not use your iPhone as the receiver only supports one connection at a time.

Regards,
    Ultajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    I heard rumors that the Pioneer VSX-1020-K supports the RS232 command set via port 8102 (the iPhone TCP port). Can someone with this receiver see if they can connect using TCP port 8102? If you decide you want to test it, please do not use your iPhone as the receiver only supports one connection at a time.

Regards,
    Ultajones
    Juat purchased one today. Still have a lot of work connecting everything and getting HS back up and runing in the new house. Will test out when I can.

Comment

i have a VSx2020 and this does respond on port 8102 so I would assume there is a high chance a VSK1020 would also.

Comment

Although it would appear its behaviour is slightly different as the script I run which monitors traffic on the connection seems to fire with blank responses all the time whereas port 23 does not do this. I have this script connected to 2 VSX2020 and one LX83 so I would suspect it is a feature of the way it tries to talk to an iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Regards,
          Ultajones
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I don't think the VSX-1020-K will work with the RS232 commands. The VSX-1120-K is a much nicer unit. The VSX-1120-K supports the home automation interface.

You can pick up the VSX-1120-K for about $492 at Amazon or for $524.99 (sale price) at your local Best Buy.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I had ordered the 1020 from bestbuy.com and got notice that it was on back order.
              I took your advice and called to cancel the back order and get the 1120 instead.
              For the hassle of having change from a back ordered item they gave me a $50 discount.
              Got the 1120 with free delivery and guarenteed by Christmas for $474.99.

Thanks for the advice on the receivers.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                I had ordered the 1020 from bestbuy.com and got notice that it was on back order.
                I took your advice and called to cancel the back order and get the 1120 instead.
                For the hassle of having change from a back ordered item they gave me a $50 discount.
                Got the 1120 with free delivery and guarenteed by Christmas for $474.99.

Thanks for the advice on the receivers.
                What a good result I've been extremely happy with my 1120-K. So many little things are so much better, plus the big one of having an easy to use and integrate HTR with HS. The plug-in makes it easy to view and/or adjust settings from HSTouch using nothing more than the built-in devices screens, or you can use the web browser / status, or build your custom screens... the iphone app is fun to use, and the fact that the 1120-K is very much UPNP aware is great. Gives me multiple ways to get to the various settings and make changes.

It's nice having built in iPod/Phone interface, but sadly, could never quite get it to work seamlessly with the iPad. The headphone jack would still work fine though for bringing in sound if that's what you want.

I'm very impressed with the setup procedure, though it would be nice if it auto-adjusted the center channel a bit better. Some stuff is weak on center channel and some is quite loud. Luckily the plug-in UJ wrote makes it simple to adjust on the fly, or to detect what's being played, and run an event to set the center channel for me
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Did anyone verify this receiver (Pioneer VSX-1020-K) does
                  or does not work with this plugin?

Many thanks

Comment

No, the VSX-1020-K won't work. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X