Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Up/Down Device action for Volume

Hello,

I am wanting to control the volume on my Pioneer Receiver using the On and Off buttons on an Insteon ControLinc - i.e. if On is pressed then increase the volume and if Off is pressed decrease it. Using the plugin controls I can see I can set the Volume numerically.

I am not capable of writing VBScript and I guess that is what would be required to keep the current dB as a device status and then +1 - has anyone written such a script that they could share with me, or does anyone have another way of doing what I am trying to do?

Thanks

Jon

There are buttons you can use to increase / decrease volume on zone 1/2 controls. You can activate those buttons to incrementally adjust the volume. I wrote some events which detected the status of the PAVR to be turned on and then set some levels. All done without scripting.

You should not require any scripts to bump vol +/- but it would be good to know what your client will be. Web page, HSTouch, or something else.

You should be able to create some voice controls to set or adjust the volume levels as well.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Thanks huggy - I just want to have a 'Device Action' event or something that I can have detect the On button is pressed and the action is to increase the volume +1.

I will also do this in HSTouch but for now its just on the Insteon Controlinc.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
        Thanks huggy - I just want to have a 'Device Action' event or something that I can have detect the On button is pressed and the action is to increase the volume +1.

I will also do this in HSTouch but for now its just on the Insteon Controlinc.

Jon
        Yes, that would be awesome!
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Try this for a way to do what you want...

1. Create a Vol + event
          2. Trigger is a device value change, your button to ON
          3. Action - run a script

An inline script:

&hs.SetDeviceValueByName "PAVR Master Controls UltraPioneerAVR Plugin Volume",(hs.DeviceValueByName("PAVR Master Controls UltraPioneerAVR Plugin Volume")+2)

It works provided your names are the defaults currently assigned by the Plugin.

Now save the event, test it.

1. Create a Vol - event
          2. Trigger is a device value change, another button to ON
          3. Action - run a script

An inline script :

&hs.SetDeviceValueByName "PAVR Master Controls UltraPioneerAVR Plugin Volume",(hs.DeviceValueByName("PAVR Master Controls UltraPioneerAVR Plugin Volume")-2)

Note that if you tinker around the extreme settings of the volume controls, you may crash the plugin if it goes negative or way too high, depending on what HS & Ultrajones have done to manage it

Once you have that, you can assign a button in HSTouch to increase/decrease the volume by triggering these events.

huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I can now bump up/down the volume, and can change it by +/- 3dB at a time as well.

HSTouch integration with simple manual event/script.

Worked great and with standard names, it should work for everyone.
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Hello. UltraPioneerAVR HSPI version 1.1.4246.31805 adds volume up and volume down device controls. You'll need to remove and recreate the main volume HomeSeer device to see the new controls.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Excellent - been waiting for this feature - thank you very much!
                Jon

Comment

Hi Ultra,

I deleted the Master Volume device but now i can't get it to arrive again - how do I do that?

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
                    Hi Ultra,

I deleted the Master Volume device but now i can't get it to arrive again - how do I do that?

Jon
                    Go to the Setup -> Interfaces -> UltraPAVR plugin config -> Click the box for the missing button(s) and save.
                    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                      Hello. UltraPioneerAVR HSPI version 1.1.4246.31805 adds volume up and volume down device controls. You'll need to remove and recreate the main volume HomeSeer device to see the new controls.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Ok, I did the required delete and re-add volume button after updating and restarting HS / updating / etc.

Updated HSTouch screen buttons to control the device, and after about 5-10 failed button presses, it responded as desired/expected.

Thanks!!! I wish I knew why it didn't work the first couple of times. After it started to work, it works shortly after after power up but doesn't like fast repeated button-presses. Something like 3/4 of a second to 1 second between presses is about as fast as it seems to accept. Might be a limitation to HSTouch -> PAVR plugin -> PAVR and back...

I like that I can put the PAVR's display text on the screen!
                      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                      X