Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature Requests to Support HSTouch, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests to Support HSTouch, etc.

Several of the two-state devices, like mute & power do not readily integrate into HSTouch.

Adding toggle options to the device drop-down would allow HSTouch to activate the opposite state as compared to the current state. With status tracking of the icon provided by the plug-in, it would be fairly straightforward to know what you're about to do.

Volume +/- and ++/--, like +/- change by 0.5 dB and ++/-- change by 3 dB. This would be a wonderful addition and make HSTouch integration so much easier.

Add a Learn Inputs option. This option would set a specific HDMI input, read the panel display text, and assign that to the HDMI input text. For example, HDMI 1 on my system shows "Dish". It would be great if the input selector said "Dish" instead of HDMI 1. As an alternative, if we had an 'edit' button for the various inputs, or a config / ini file to override inputs, that would be 'acceptable', though having the system autonomously learn the inputs would be supremely awesome and befitting of the Ultra name!

This plug-in has dramatically increased WAF. Let me explain.

<waf++ rant>
    I replaced a really nice Kenwood that was having problems with certain tasks. Mostly it was a dead center channel output driver, but it was also lowering WAF because the IR commands sent from the harmony remote _could_ cause it to get into a bad state if it weren't constantly aimed at the IR portal on the RCVR. SO, I got the PAVR 1120-K after Ultra posted about it. Good options, good sound, all around good system with multiple HDMI inputs, etc. plus it was going to have a plug-in!

Problem was with surround sound. After initial auto-setup, the surround speakers were of a lower volume than before, and often so subdued after adding a center channel that they blended in _too_ well. HS now has an event that fires when the state of the power changes to ON, delays a couple seconds, then adds a few dBs to the surround and center channel. Now the PAVR is awesome with great surround sound. Sure, could have programmed those changes into the harmony remote, but that was such a touch-n-go thing already, plus the plug-in is FAST!
    </waf++ rant>
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Ok, I found you had already added the toggle options for the power/mute and that's wonderful.

Deleted and added the devices, but the location names changed. I see why, but now I have to go through my events and make sure the events trigger the right devices. Yeah, I know it's supposed to happen automatically but I think if we delete and readd, we lose the magic.

Anyhow, thanks for that.

Still hoping for the Vol+/-, and +/-3dB buttons.

Alternately, a little documentation on the plug-in values and strings and such so we can quickly script up the actions ourselves.

I found a volume slider works well but the values for min/max aren't intuitive.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

After deleting and readding the devices, the toggle buttons I'd added seem to have become orphaned, yet still attempt to activate via HSTouch when I select toggle option.

Suggestions on how to remove the buttons' remnants or do I need to move devices so the toggle option never appears and never attempts to activate?

I'd rather delete the button from the object but now I have no idea how.

Perplexed.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
        After deleting and readding the devices, the toggle buttons I'd added seem to have become orphaned, yet still attempt to activate via HSTouch when I select toggle option.

Suggestions on how to remove the buttons' remnants or do I need to move devices so the toggle option never appears and never attempts to activate?

I'd rather delete the button from the object but now I have no idea how.

Perplexed.
        Sorry, I missed this post. Are you just looking for an API that you can call to increase/decrease the volume by x db?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am adding a volume +/- 1dB and 3dB change. I'll post an update when done.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ok, I did the update to ensure long-term support of the Plug-In - but, I did not realize the device names would all change once they were deleted and recreated. Now all the custom HSTouch screens are hosed.

Is there an option I missed that if it detects I have just one PAVR that it will use the old naming conventions so my HSTouch screens still work without any changes?

I want to change all the devices back. Is there a simple way to do that so my screens all work just like they did before I updated the plugin?

I started to update the screens, but figured it would be much simpler to rename the devices. Lots of devices, lots of projects, lots of screens, lots of buttons, images, and if they relied upon the image from the plug-in, now the image is gone as it points to the old one. I did not save the screen layout, so I don't know what they all were.... Shame on me.

Lastly, I got this in my log: 3/3/2012 11:15:02 PM - UltraPioneerAVR Wa - Invalid RegExp for data 'ILV505050505050505050505050' received by Pioneer AVR device '192.168.x.x:23'.

I did not get this error before the update.
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I am sorry you have to deal with this. I struggled for many months on how to properly implement multiple receivers and I kept coming back to a complete re-design. The only way to get back to the previous setup is to uninstall UltraPioneerAVR HSPI then re-install the previous version, then restore your HomeSeer database from yesterday morning.

Sorry for the huge hit to the WAF.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                I am sorry you have to deal with this. I struggled for many months on how to properly implement multiple receivers and I kept coming back to a complete re-design. The only way to get back to the previous setup is to uninstall UltraPioneerAVR HSPI then re-install the previous version, then restore your HomeSeer database from yesterday morning.

Sorry for the huge hit to the WAF.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                How about a simple field in the PAVR setup for the receiver where we can set the PAVR name? Then I could recreate the devices as PAVR instead of PAVR1 (since I only have 1 PAVR). That would fix all my screens

Or, if I change the names manually, will the Plugin still be able to control them via device code rather than device name?
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I now have a BUNCH of floors and device names with PAVR1.

How can I rename them all to PAVR and then do the newly released update to use those names?
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

The following script will update all the UltraPioneerAVR HomeSeer device names and location2 from PAVR1 to PAVR.

Code:
                    Sub Main(ByVal parm As Object)

Dim IFACE_NAME As String = "UltraPioneerAVR"

Try
                        '
                        '
                        ' Run though all the HomeSeer devices
                        '
                        Dim DevEnum As Object = hs.GetDeviceEnumerator

If Not DevEnum Is Nothing Then
                          Do While Not DevEnum.Finished
                            Dim objDevice As Object = DevEnum.GetNext
                            If Not objDevice Is Nothing Then
                              If objDevice.interface = IFACE_NAME Then

Dim strDeviceName As String = objDevice.Name
                                Dim strDeviceLoc2 As String = objDevice.location2

If strDeviceName.StartsWith("PAVR1") Then
                                  strDeviceName = strDeviceName.Replace("PAVR1", "PAVR")
                                  objDevice.Name = strDeviceName
                                End If

If strDeviceLoc2.StartsWith("PAVR1") Then
                                  strDeviceLoc2 = strDeviceLoc2.Replace("PAVR1", "PAVR")
                                  objDevice.location2 = strDeviceLoc2
                                End If

End If
                            End If
                          Loop

End If

Catch pEx As Exception
                        '
                        ' Process program exception
                        '      
                      End Try

End Sub

Comment

And if you need to update the plug-in in the future, simply run the script to fix the names.

Comment

Unfortunately by performing the original upgrade it changed the HS device reference, and HSTouch xml file saves the device reference and not the name.

How can I change the reference designation of an existing device to the reference I already have in HSTouch?

And the script worked properly. If I must, I'll restore from last night's backup to get the device references back, then perform the update.
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

The problem is there wasn’t an upgrade path from the version that only supported 1 receiver. However, I think I can help you get there if you back out the upgrade. Please make a backup of your database, then uninstall the UltraPioneerAVR HSPI via add/remove programs. Once complete, shutdown HomeSeer, then re-install the previous version of UltraPioneerAVR HSPI, then restore your HomeSeer database from last night's backup, then re-start HomeSeer.

Once backed is complete, then plan is:

1) Upgrade to the latest version of UltraPioneerAVR (without deleting any devices).
                          2) Provide your UUID (mac address) of your Pioneer AVR receiver so I can update the script so you can manually upgrade the devices.
                          3) Modify the UltraPioneerAVR config file to remove the version info.
                          4) Restart HomeSeer so the HomeSeer devices are rebuilt (new feature just added today).

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Is there an existing feature or method to get the plugin to recognize new input channel names?

I renamed a channel for the new apple tv but it still shows the original un-renamed channel.

I thought it might get the new name upon power restoration, but it did not change.

Do I need to delete the channel and put it back?
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                            X