Vsx 1121

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vsx 1121

Bought this (Pioneer VSX 1121)on the last NewEgg special for $429. Started working with the plugin, See a few errors in the log not really slowing me down yet, I'll check into that later. But I am having a problem trying to tune FM stations higher then 99.9.

????
    John

I now own 2 of the Pioneer VSX-1121-K's. I *really* like the AirPlay feature I am still actively working on the new plug-in. The new version will support an auto discovery of the Pioneer receivers. Still a lot to work though.

In the mean time, I can update the current plug-in to ignore the extra data ouput by the 2011. I'll post the update tomorrow.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra, does the airplay also work in "party mode"...meaning I can use itunes to play the same music at the same time to both (all) receivers?
      Paul

Comment

Yes.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I just posted an update to UltraPioneerAVR HSPI so it no longer writes warnings to the logs when an unsupported command is received by the Pioneer 2011 receivers.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

My trial is about to run out, how long before the newer version plugin? Although I'll probably just buy the current version.[
            John

Comment

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
              johnnybwis

Replacing my 70's era Pioneer SX-1050 (still going STRONG...) and nearly bought a VSX-1021 twice, but I hesitated and missed the sale.... Looking at the 1121 today on Newegg.

Does the 1121 have "Multi-Room and Source Output: 2 Zone A/V" The 1021 advertises that it does, but I could not find that info about the 1121 anywhere including the poineerelectronics website.

Can you do 2 zone A/V with the 1121?

Comment

Rob

The research done in this thread says yes as confirmed by UltraJones

Paul
                Paul

Comment

Thanks! Did NOT think to look for info on the HS board first....

Pressing "purchase" now.

Comment

I would love to "hear" your impressions of it once you have it, set up and working. I'm still teetering on getting a new amp. I have a yamaha from the 90s that is hanging in there...
                    Paul

Comment

Got it. I have it set up except for the network connection. (I sprung for the BlueTooth dongle not the WIFI dongle...) It is AMAZING! The speaker set up is Amazing and AUTOMATIC. The fact that you can assign input/output connections to a particular device is.....AMAZING. WOW. I am thoroughly impressed!

Hoping to run the network cable this weekend. I'll be checking out Ultra's plug-in too!

Comment

VERY Cool!

Got it on the net and working with Ultra's plug-in. It works GREAT! I am envisioning all the different events I'll be able to create..... The plug-in seems to be able to control just about EVERY option on the 1121.

Who else is running this plug-in and what are you doing with it?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                          Got it on the net and working with Ultra's plug-in. It works GREAT! I am envisioning all the different events I'll be able to create..... The plug-in seems to be able to control just about EVERY option on the 1121.

Who else is running this plug-in and what are you doing with it?

Rob
                          When I replaced my not so old (but dead center channel just out of warranty) Sony HTR with the Pioneer 1120 HTR, for some unknown reason, the surround speakers _sounded_ less obvious. Once the auto-adjustment for speaker levels, etc. set baselines, I set HS to detect the HTR powered ON and set the surround levels + a few dBs until they sounded like the old Sony and got nice WAF On some TV shows and blu-ray discs, the surround channels are a bit _too_ loud IMHO, they do make the room feel bigger (it's not small to start with).

I put in some rudimentary volume slider controls into my HSTouch iPad A/V screens, added some input selectors which set the new input then go to a new screen to control that style input (iPod, bluetooth, etc.).

All in all, the plug-in really makes it a snap to do.
                          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                            I now own 2 of the Pioneer VSX-1121-K's...... I am still actively working on the new plug-in. The new version will support an auto discovery of the Pioneer receivers....... Still a lot to work though.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Any guess on when the new plugin would be available?
                            John

Comment

Here is the first beta of UltraPioneerAVR HSPI that supports multiple receivers.

http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...4371.39815.zip.

Please ensure you remove all the older Pioneer AVR devices before installing this beta version.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Note: I have not tested it with Receivers that use RS232 connectivity.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X