Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabian_NL
    Guest replied
    While serial control of the Pioneer LX51 (european model) is undocumented and Pioneer Europe is unwilling to send any information regarding the serial port, the UltraPioneerAVR plugin seems to be working rather well !

It does needs some debugging. If i'm sending commands with short interaval, they seem to be queued and then send very slowly. And Volume control -40dB is actualy 0dB on my receiver and from 0dB down it has increments of 2 instead of 0,5.

No question yet. While i'm reather new to Homeseer, i'm not sure yet if i can modify this plugin myselve, just wanted to let you know the pluging is working on an undocumented receiver

Leave a comment:

• skavan
    replied
    very odd! I can't understand it either...

in any event, I am happy to keep the connection open for you...I'll send you an e-mail in case the ip address channges...

In the meantimt, master controls, zone 2 and tone are great!

s.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I don't know why your setup would require that modification. When I connected to your Receiver yesterday, the UltraPioneer HSPI was able to refresh everything on the Master Controls and Zone Controls page. That is about all your receiver supports. The other 90% of the new API commands are not supported by the older Pioneer A/V Receivers which is why I won't be modifying this plug-in to support them. However, I may create one designed specifically for your receivers if you are willing to leave the TCP connection open for testing purposes.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• skavan
    replied
    Thanks. I think I have you working!

Believe it or not, you are only a few lines of code away from actually supporting all receivers since 2005.

I wrote a very small program that creates an async server and client.
    UltraPioneer connects to my little server and sends its messages. My Server connects to my Pioneer receiver and passes those messages through untouched.

On the return trip (from the receiver to my server) I take responses and just insert the following lines of processing before passing the response back to the UltraPioneer plugin. Hey Presto! Its working.
    The issue is the speed at which the pioneer responds to IP commands. There is a 20ms gap between each chunk of the response and that confuses listeners such as the UltraPioneer unless one fills a buffer and looks for the CR+LF as the "end of response".

Of course there are a few commands that my "old" receivers don't understand - but 95% of commands work! The big ones that don't are:
    ?AST and ?VST which is annoying...but your plugin can't be expected to tell me what my receiver won't divulge! This only impacts the Listening Mode "display" device -- all other devices appear to be working perfectly so far - including teh LM Setting Device.

It would be great if you could insert this code direct in your plugin - or offer it as a toggle or a second version! Not much change and you'll open up 20 new receivers as you can see here:
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU.../A+V+Receivers

What do you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------
    UltraJones <--> ResponseFormatter <--> Pio Receiver
    Code:

Dim Message As String = ClientMessage.MessageText
    CompleteMsg += ClientMessage.MessageText
    If CompleteMsg.Contains(vbCrLf) Then
         RaiseEvent MessageReceived(_DeviceName, _
                  ClientMessage.MessageType, CompleteMsg.Split(vbCrLf)(0) & _
                  vbCrLf)
         CompleteMsg = CompleteMsg.Split(vbCrLf)(1)
    End If
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Hello Skavan. The UltraPioneerAVR HSPI does not support the VSX-92TXH and VSX-94TXH Pioneer A/V receivers. The UltraPioneerAVR plug-in only supports the Pioneer A/V Receivers using the 2010 or greater RS232/IP Protocol.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• skavan
    replied
    Thanks...

GC-100
    Firmware 3.2-06

9600,8,N,1

I tried your suggestion of disabling the Serial Port Redirector and entering the IP address of the serial port directly in the UltraPioneerAVR plugin.

I entered:
    made up string for MAC address, Connection Type: ETHERNET
    Connection Address: 192.168.1.161:4999 (i have the GC-100, single port).

I added the device.
    The logs show a connection was established...and then 100 lines of Pineer AVR Device rejected the command due to 'unknown command'.

I also reran the above using Connection Type: SERIAL, but putting in teh IP:PORT combo...and this time it can't connect....
    grrr.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I connected a null model serial cable from my GC-100 serial port 2 to my Pioneer VSX-1121-K serial port. I then pointed the UltraPioneerAVR plug-in at my GC-100 IP address on TCP port 5000 and it worked without having to change anything.

Please provide the following details about your GC-100:

1) Firmware version
    2) Serial port settings

Please also provide the model of your Pioneer A/V Receiver.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I had originally tested the plug-in with my VSX-1120-K and the GC100 and it worked. What are your serial port settings on the GC-100 and what is the model number of your receiver?

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• skavan
    replied
    and my final input to the problem...
    I just created a small program to talk to the receiver (via the redirected com port that points to GC100).
    I open the port and send a "?V".
    The data_received event correctly shows me "VOL56" CR LR.
    My Port Spy on VSPE, shows that that message came in two pieces : VO and L56.

OK -- over to the experts.

Leave a comment:

• skavan
    replied
    bit more color...with new network plugin:

Here's an example of the error:

No response/impropoer response from ...COM:3 to command ?V...your pio may not support volume..
    Invalid RegExp for data L56 received from ....

Now when I scope the com port and inspect teh conversation, this is what I see:

Line1: ?VVO
    Line2: L56

This implies to me that the issue is about timing of the return chunk. I believe the return chunk shopuld be determined by the presence of CR+LF as opposed to the passing of time? It almost looks like the first 2 return characters are being thrown away.

For ?M for example, I see:
    ?MMU
    T1
    on the scope.

mmh HELP!
    is this the receiver? the Global Cache GC100? the plugin? the serial settings! Ugh!

s.

Leave a comment:

• skavan
    replied
    Almost -- but not quite!
    I have the GC100 connected to the PIO Receiver via Serial. I have the VSPE (serial redirector) redirecting COM3 to the GC100.
    I have the plugin set to COM3.
    Everything is set to 9600,8,N,1.
    The plugin keeps iteratying through all the Status Request commands and barks out:
    No response/improper response received from Pioneer AVT to command '?XX'. Your pioneer may not support...

Where XX is each Status Request command in turn.

I've scoped the line (VSPE Spy mode) and a conversation is happening! I can see the commands flying to and from...some of the data seems to be broken up -- which makes me wonder if its a handshake thing or something? Any ideas?

So close...

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by skavan View Post
    Hi,

Just downloaded the plugin to try and build it into my hstouch based system.

Call me stupid -- but:
    1) I can't find any API documentation (for calling the plugin directly)
    2) The main help file UltraPAVR_HSPI_Users_Guide.pdf, points to an invalid location...and I can't find that either!

OK -- so (in addition to the above) I need a idiots guide crash course.
    i) I install the plugin and setup the serial/ethernet settings.
    ii) How do I create a paired device for it? (I don't see any Ultraanythings in the device type drop down and i don't see an entry for it in the device list!)

I presume one creates a device ? But I am stuck.

TIA.

s.
    I did not complete the documentation because I was working on a complete redesign to support multiple Pioneer receivers. A release candidate is now available for the next version so I'll be able to complete the documentation within the next month. The next version automatically detects Pioneer receivers connected to the network. I recommend you install the new version available here:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=151670

To create a HomeSeer device, point your browser to UltraPioneerAVR > AVR Devices, then select the HomeSeer Device checkbox for the Power device. Once you create this device and turn the receiver on, you’ll be able to create HomeSeer devices for other Pioneer Receiver features you want to control via HomeSeer.

Once a HomeSeer device is created, you can control the Pioneer Receiver function as follows:

1) From the HomeSeer status page as shown in the second screenshot.
    2) Using HomeSeer events using a Device Value Change trigger.
    3) Using HSTouch with an action type of "HomeSeer: Control a HomeSeer Device" as shown in the third screenshot.
    4) From scripts using device value actions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; December 30, 2011, 11:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• huggy_d1
    replied
    Once you install the plugin, you need to restart HS, then enable it, and for me, I had to restart HS again.

Then configure UltraPioneerAVR plugin by pointing to the proper ip address. I don't know if UJ found a way to auto-detect it via UPNP or other method to scan for it but I manually keyed in the ip address and things just started working.

Once the devices are created, you interact with it via events. I have not needed a script to control anything, though I'm sure you could if you tried hard.

Leave a comment:

• skavan
    started a topic Ultrapioneer Basic Stuff...

Ultrapioneer Basic Stuff...

Hi,

Just downloaded the plugin to try and build it into my hstouch based system.

Call me stupid -- but:
    1) I can't find any API documentation (for calling the plugin directly)
    2) The main help file UltraPAVR_HSPI_Users_Guide.pdf, points to an invalid location...and I can't find that either!

OK -- so (in addition to the above) I need a idiots guide crash course.
    i) I install the plugin and setup the serial/ethernet settings.
    ii) How do I create a paired device for it? (I don't see any Ultraanythings in the device type drop down and i don't see an entry for it in the device list!)

I presume one creates a device ? But I am stuck.

TIA.

s.
Working...
X