HMG input with VSX-1121, is it supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMG input with VSX-1121, is it supported

Hi, trying out this plug-in and I do not see any way to use the HMG input. I have a set of speakers outside (Zone 2) and I would like to be able to set up an event to play Pandora. I can do this from the IPAD app that Pioneer developed but I don't see any way to do it with this Plug-In. Is the HMG input supported? Has anyone been able to select Pandora via the plug-in?

Yes, I just confirmed the HMG input is supported. I was able to select this input, then select Pandora and select play. The input is called Internet Radio and the HomeSeer device is created under UltraPioneerAVR > AVR Devices > "Misc Function". However, it is very difficult to use directly from the HomeSeer Web Control device page. Do you have HomeSeer HSTouch? If not, I can look into create a web page to control the various inputs without needing HSTouch.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for looking into this - I do have access to Touch but I'm not using it because I don't have enough time right now to work through all of the bits and pieces that will need time to understand.

I did see the internet radio option on the web interface but I did not see any way to correlate it to Pandora. If you could set this up it would really help since I'm relying on the web interface and will be for the next few months (maybe longer).

The main reason I went with this AVR was the ability to control it with HS and one of the main things I'm interested in is getting the music to play in my backyard automatically.

BTW, thanks for creating such a great plug-in, I'm also using Ultra Weather and it is working great for me!!!!!

Comment

It is not possible to directly select Pandora. However, I think this can be done with a scirpt. The script sequence would be:

Change "Input" to Internet Radio => wait for "Panel Display" = Internet Radio

While "Internet Radio" <> "Pandora"
        Send "Internet Radio" "Down"
        Wend

I started the scirpt, but have not had time to finish it. You interested in helping?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes I'm happy to help but not sure what I can do except beta test - I don't have any experience with scripting. In any case, I'll do my best to help if you can use me for anything productive!

Comment

Working...
          X