• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No auto-reconnect

Plug-In Status
    Name: UltraPioneerAVR HSPI
    Version: 1.1.4453.26554
    with VSX-1120-K. In the device status page for the plug-in's devices, none have updated recently.

Ever since multi-receiver support was added, I've had problems with auto-reconnect. I just opened a telnet session to the AVR and it opened and responded just fine. I tried to select a reconnect but it did not actually reconnect.

What do I need to do to restore auto-reconnection of the AVR? Do you want me to enable debug logging or anything? This is driving me crazy.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

I'll have time today to see if I can duplidate this. I'll keep you updated.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm having the same problems, running one AVR (VSX-1121).

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
        I'm having the same problems, running one AVR (VSX-1121).
        I got an email from UJ yesterday. I rebooted the HS computer and the plugin reconnected.

It seems right now that if I use the Pioneer iPhone app to connect to the AVR, it basically boots the Plugin and sadly the plugin gets kind of hung even if I disconnect the iphone app.

Prior to the multi-receiver support, this was not a problem.

For now, it seems simply shutting down HS and restarting does not fix the problem. A reboot of the HS server does work for me though.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I think I may have found something within the Watchdog function that can essentially cause subsequent reconnects to silently fail under certain conditions. Please give me a few more days to looking into a solution.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            I think I may have found something within the Watchdog function that can essentially cause subsequent reconnects to silently fail under certain conditions. Please give me a few more days to looking into a solution.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            No problem! Thanks for looking into it. For now, I'll just avoid using the iphone app
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

What happens when you connect using the iPhone app? Both the iPhone app and the UltraPioneerAVR plug-in should work as they both use a different TCP port.

Comment

huggy_d1, are you still experiencing any issues with the plug-in?

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Ever since your last suggestions, I removed and reinstalled all the devices, changed all my events, updated all my HSTouch screens, and stopped using the iphone app. All good now.
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I'm still encountering this issue. If I reboot the HSPro machine then it reconnects. Just restarting HSpro does not. I'm not using the iPhone app, have 2 VXS1121's, running latest version.

Comment

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Ok, I hadn't used the plugin via HSTouch before today, but had some rework to do so tested it. Nothing. Tested it from web page / status page and it shows disconnected. Selected reconnect but it did not reconnect.

What now? Can we automate the problem away?
                      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Can you enable debug then issue the reconnect, then send the debug logs to ultrajones@hotmail.com?

Comment

Can you enable debug then issue the reconnect, then send the debug logs to ultrajones@hotmail.com?
                          Sent. I noticed my PAVR has not been connected since the 17th. I have not been using HSTouch with it lately, nor the web interface, but it does explain why my surround and center channel volume adjustments have not been working this week.

I rebooted all the home LAN devices but the problem still persists.
                          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                            Sent. I noticed my PAVR has not been connected since the 17th.

I rebooted all the home LAN devices but the problem still persists.
                            I've had this happen (not lately) and would need to run detection mode from the Pioneer AV navigator software to get homeseer to connect back up.
                            John

Comment

UJ,
                              Any ideas for me to get the reconnection working?
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                              X