Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotech
    replied
    Ok, but what do you currently use for TTS?

Leave a comment:

• huggy_d1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Are you currently doing this yourself?
    It would result in a very low WAF if I interrupted anything being played back. However, if I wanted to do multizone tts and the PAVR wasn't currently playing from any source, it could fire up the PAVR, select the proper input, save current volume, set the volume, play the TTS, wait, then restore the volume and turn it off.

I tested these types of things, which is why I know it would result in low WAF. The NEtv was the next best option, but even then, it's iffy. I would rather use a kindle fire with a pop-up screen and option audio amps with speakers in rooms I'd want the TTS to activate.

Right now, I use the PAVR to set the sound levels for center and surround channels (+x.x dB) as it greatly increases WAF. I liked the surround being more precise and what the sound editors intended, but that means the surround speakers often sound like they aren't doing much (until you crank them up).

I use HSTouch integration to select various inputs and control playback. Many things became simpler with UJs PAVR plugin.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Are you currently doing this yourself?

Leave a comment:

• huggy_d1
    replied
    I know that ou can use any amp for TTS, but the feature to switch speakers from one room to another sounds makes a difference.
    Can you just run the HS speaker client audio output to an audio input, and on TTS with interruption allowed, switch inputs, pause a small amount for the PAVR plugin to update the input currently selected, then push the TTS message, use the PAVR plugin to revert the plugin's input back to whatever it was (remember to save it so you can get back to it, but of course you know this).

If you use an NETv device, you can push the message onto the HDTV screen using a script.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    No. I am actually using a $10 amp I bought at Best Buy 20+ years ago in a scratch-n-dent sale.

You can use ANY amp for TTS and HS output. The only real requirement is that is it powerful enough to drive whatever speakers you are using.

If you are asking if you can use send HS output over the Ethernet to the Pioneer, I don't know for sure, but I don't think so.

The beauty of this series of Pioneer amps is that they are EXTREMELY configurable, nearly completely controllable with Untra's plug-in, and relatively inexpensive.

Rob
    I know that ou can use any amp for TTS, but the feature to switch speakers from one room to another sounds makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Originally posted by bernieb View Post
    Thanks for pointing the link Outbackrob ...

I was just wondering what's the difference between the 1022 and the 1122? Is there anything more on the newer model that would warrant getting the 1122.

I couldn't tell for sure, but does the 1022 have the party mode? I am mostly interested in integrating with HS for control and also with my iPhone/iPad.

Is there a must have feature on the 1122? I really like the price of the 1022.
    When I was looking last year, the only difference in the 1021 and the 1121 was the video processor. This is from Ultra:

Originally posted by Ultrajones
    The video processor on the VSX-1121-K uses Marvel with Qdeo Video Proccessing while the video processor on the VSX-1021-K uses Anchor Bay. The VSX-1121-K including the ability to convert incoming analog component signals to 1080p HDMI.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    The quality of the video from my 1121 is spectacular.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Do you use it for TTsS for HS?

No. I am actually using a $10 amp I bought at Best Buy 20+ years ago in a scratch-n-dent sale.

You can use ANY amp for TTS and HS output. The only real requirement is that is it powerful enough to drive whatever speakers you are using.

If you are asking if you can use send HS output over the Ethernet to the Pioneer, I don't know for sure, but I don't think so.

The beauty of this series of Pioneer amps is that they are EXTREMELY configurable, nearly completely controllable with Untra's plug-in, and relatively inexpensive.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    It has an ethernet connection. It works with the plug-in. It also allows you to stream music to it through iTunes via the network.

I have the 1120 (2011 model) and love it. I've always owned a Pioneer receiver and this one is the best one yet. (Cheapest, too!)
    Do you use it for TTsS for HS?

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    No, I'll use it in the living room to connect to the TV, maybe stream some internet radio.
    So if anyone can give me some differences, I'd appreciate it. Still tossing the idea

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Are you using the unit for TTS for HS?

Leave a comment:

• bernieb
    replied
    Thanks for pointing the link Outbackrob ...

I was just wondering what's the difference between the 1022 and the 1122? Is there anything more on the newer model that would warrant getting the 1122.

I couldn't tell for sure, but does the 1022 have the party mode? I am mostly interested in integrating with HS for control and also with my iPhone/iPad.

Is there a must have feature on the 1122? I really like the price of the 1022.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Does these model have all requirements like serial port and ethernet connection?
    It has an ethernet connection. It works with the plug-in. It also allows you to stream music to it through iTunes via the network.

I have the 1120 (2011 model) and love it. I've always owned a Pioneer receiver and this one is the best one yet. (Cheapest, too!)

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Does these model have all requirements like serial port and ethernet connection?

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Vsx-1022 $299

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-82117410-L01A

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Plug question?..

It seams that I have a eye on a Pioneer VSX 30 which is in good condition, but I have a question. When HS emits TTS will it be transmitted thru the RS 232 connection or will it be connected to one of the inputs of the receiver as a normal audio device?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X