Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Plugin & newer model AVRs

Hey there UltraJones,

I have a question about your plugin and the newer models of AVR's. I've read your Into to your plugin and seen the models that are associated with the different features. This Into was written back in 2010 and were coming into 2013.

My question is will your plugin support the newer models that are out today?

How will I know what models I can select as prospect purchases?

So far your plugin seems to be the most advanced and I hope it supports the newer models.

Thanks,

CharlieWayne
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

I seen some people posting about a couple new models in this form

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153088

Can anyone else expand on this?

Thanks
    Last edited by CharlieWayne; December 24, 2012, 04:26 PM. Reason: wrong hyperlink
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I haven't seen anything about new 2013 models yet.

For the 2012 models I initially bought a 1022 and it would not work with the plugin.
      I took it back and got an 1122 and it works great.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks CFGuy.

I was actually looking at the 1022 today being its very cheap and am glad you told me it wont work. You saved me from pulling out my hair with trying to get something to work that cant.

Looking the the 1122 its on sale for 399 dollars till dec 26th at newegg.

What is your experience and uses with this plugin?

Do you use the zone 2 to power any other equipment or zones With HS?
        (seen his newest release allows the control of multiple AVRs and was thinking about how this setup might work for multi-room audio? I think it would be overkill on the watts consumption being these AVRs suck down 300-600 watts a piece)

I seen at the bottom of your signature you have 3 different AVR's.. Are you running them all at the same time? What uses would that many be for?

Thanks

ChuckWayne

Comment

I do have 3 of them.

I have one in my office, one if the master bedroom and on in the Living Room.

I don't have any setup for zone 2. I've thought about about doing so, but not sure how I would run the wires. I have a 2 story house on a slab so I can't run new wires on the lower level. On the upper level, eventually I want to use zone 2 for the bathroom to have music playing.

One of the things that I do with the plugin is I have it control volume based on input.
          In my office, if I listen to Internet radio, the volume needs set to -40. Blu-Ray and Dish need to be at -28. This caused several mornings where I would tap a pad to Watch TV. The receiver would turn on and switch to Dish input. If I had been listening to the internet radio when I turned it off the day before, I would tv sound blaring through the house. The WAF was not good.

I wrote a HS event that triggers when the Receiver gets changed to the Dish input. The action is it sets the volume to -28. So now when the Watch TV event runs it changes the volume setting. The plugin reacts so fast that the volume is set before the sound starts. No blaring sound to wake people up.

The plugin is reacts so fast that even if the receiver is already on and I use the remote control to change from radio to dish, the volume gets changed before the sound starts.

I like to listen to the internet radion station k-love. I have it as one of the favorites in the office receiver so I have an event that will tune to Internet Radio, and then to Favorite #1. Anything that I find myself doing very often I make into an event.

When I leave the office, I tap a button and the lights turn off and the receiver turns off 1 minute later.

On the days my wife works, she is notorius for forgetting to turns things off. I use to have to walk around the house and turn off all the lights and the receiver in the bedroom. Now, I have a HS event that turns off the lights and receiver about 30 minutes after the time she is supposed to leave.
          I also have a z-wave front door lock. I have it set so that when any of us enter their code, a light turns on. If it's my wife it also turns on the receiver in the bedroom so she walks in to music already playing.

Eventually, I will put a touchpad by the front door and have an event that turns off all lights, tvs, receivers, etc.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

That's some good insight and ideas you have used.

How does playing media from a HTPC work through the 1122 AVR work?

Can it be done through the LAN cable if I chose not to run video/audio through an HDMI cable from my pci graphics card?

I've been looking over the Support PDF that Jones wrote and this is looking to be a very powerful plugin.

ChuckWayne

Comment

The Pioneers only support DLNA for mp3s.
              I don't use that feature though as the dish network hoppers have a media play option that does pictures, video and music. We use that to play back ripped movies and music.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...sers_Guide.pdf

One thing you said is that switching from the plugin is very fast and has me thinking of trying to use it for multi zone audio, a speaker client output for HS, and I wonder how efficient it would work for a whole house or room to room intercom that's all interfaced with touch screens per zone. Sounds like alot of ideas huh!!

Let my break it down a little to make it simple and clear what I don't understand. So far I've read Ultras User guide for the plugin as well for the Pioneer AVR manual and still am a little lost with respect to the bigger picture of home automation.

My HTPC has several audio/video out that the Homeseer or any Media player could use as outputs such as a AMD Radeo HD 6970 GPU with 3D support (HDMI & DVI outputs), A motherboard 8 channel analog output (3.5mm outputs), An additional PCI Sound card with 8 channel analog output (3.5mm)

I'm not familiar with DLNA and have not used its proto call before so here's some questions about how this AVR could fit into use with HS.

1) If I wanted to use a single or multiple AVRs to do zoned audio with a UI through smart phones, touch screens, or HS events/logic. How can I use a media client on my HTPC that will be feet away from my AVR?

2) HS would control a media player such as media center, media player, VLC, etc and send audio through HDMI or Analog to inputs on the AVR, but what about the LAN connection and how does the use of DLNA work into this picture?

Today my objective is to buy a low to mid AVR that I can use in my media room until I can get a much higher end AVR. Once I got the high end AVR for my media room I could then use the mid to low AVR to push other zones such as my Game Room or Outdoor Pool Lanai.

In the next 24 hours before the holiday sales end, I want to buy this low to mid end AVR and have two in mind.

"VSX-1122-K" or "SC-1222-K"

Heres a comparison link and it seems the 1222 offers more audio room calibration. But being its not my long term media room I'm more keen on saving the 150 dollars on the 1122.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E82-117-412-TS

Whats you input and thoughts between the two of these AVRs?

Thanks a lot again Jeff for helping with sharing your wisdom and experiences.

Charlie

Comment

I ended up going with the Pioneer SC-1222-K 7.2-Channel Network Ready AV Receiver.

Should be here in the days coming and will then be pulling wire and integrating with HS... Fingers crossed it works with the plugin.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie

Comment

1122 -- Input error?

I traded up from a 1121 to a 1122 a bit ago and am having some trouble contolling the Input function.

Jeff, I see above that you have had both. Before I start getting logs for UltraJones I was wondering if yours works well.

My main issue is that the SAT/CABLE input in the input field does not show up in the drop downs and is not settable.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                      I traded up from a 1121 to a 1122 a bit ago and am having some trouble contolling the Input function.

Jeff, I see above that you have had both. Before I start getting logs for UltraJones I was wondering if yours works well.

My main issue is that the SAT/CABLE input in the input field does not show up in the drop downs and is not settable.

Chris
                      I have the same problem. What I did to make sure that I had the correct number is I edited the device values and added every number between 1 and 40. Then I manually put the receiver on the Sat input and ran a script that go the device value. It turned out the input # was 6. But every time I would run an event to change the 1122 to 6, I would get a log entry that it was invalid. I ended up moving the sat receiver to a different input and it works fine. Not a big deal for me as I currently only have a Dish Hopper and a LG Blu-Ray player hooked up in that room.

I have an event that sets the input to Satellite each morning.

Looking in the logs there is these 2 entries every day.

UltraPioneerAVR Error - Unrecognized command argument 06

UltraPioneerAVR Warning - Pioneer AVR device [192.168.9.142:23] rejected the command due to unknown parameter. -

It took a long time before I noticed since the sat input was what we watched the majority of the time.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Looks like that receiver added a few new inputs. I'll post an update shortly including the new input: 6:SAT/CBL.

I had originally planned on buying a new Pioneer receiver every year to keep up with the changes, but this plug-in is not selling (even though it is probably my best work).

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          Looks like that receiver added a few new inputs. I'll post an update shortly including the new input: 6:SAT/CBL.

I had originally planned on buying a new Pioneer receiver every year to keep up with the changes, but this plug-in is not selling (even though it is probably my best work).

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          It is an awesome plug-in, but the buy-in cost for the new receiver is not trivial. The PAVR I have is doing a fabulous job. Maybe if/when that changes or someone can tell me how to unload old receivers without losing too much on a perfectly good unit, I'm game for trying it...
                          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            I think Huggy hit it. The cost of the receivers is pretty high.
                            If you watch Newegg you can usually catch them on sale. So far I have been able to get the local Best Buy to price match newegg on two of the receivers I have. The 2011 models I was able to save some money and get the 1021. For the 2012 models, I had to go up a step and get the 1122. Added about $200 more to the cost.

I was fortunate, in that I needed a receiver for the living room in 2010. Since you had the plugin I got a pioneer and have been adding one each year to setup other rooms. 3 was the number I needed so I'm done getting new ones.

I use the plugin a lot and have mentioned it to several people. Either they don't need a new reciever or don't want to spend $500 on one. I am so happy with the plugin and how quick the plugin responds to control the receivers even when I change something with the pioneers remote.

Can't thank you enough for this plugin!
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                              It is an awesome plug-in, but the buy-in cost for the new receiver is not trivial. The PAVR I have is doing a fabulous job. Maybe if/when that changes or someone can tell me how to unload old receivers without losing too much on a perfectly good unit, I'm game for trying it...

In my case, when I get a new toy, the older toys flow down. Last December, when I got a new pioneer for the master bedroom, the old receiver went to my daughters room. The one before that went to my son.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X