Pioneer Plugin & newer model AVRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
    It is an awesome plug-in, but the buy-in cost for the new receiver is not trivial. The PAVR I have is doing a fabulous job. Maybe if/when that changes or someone can tell me how to unload old receivers without losing too much on a perfectly good unit, I'm game for trying it...
    Yes, that is what I found out the hard way. I tried selling a 1 year old Pioneer VSX-1021-K on eBay and I got $300 for it.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
      I traded up from a 1121 to a 1122 a bit ago and am having some trouble contolling the Input function.

Jeff, I see above that you have had both. Before I start getting logs for UltraJones I was wondering if yours works well.

My main issue is that the SAT/CABLE input in the input field does not show up in the drop downs and is not settable.

Chris
      Hello Chris. Please download the version I just uploaded to the HomeSeer updater. It adds the missing inputs available on the 2012 Pioneer receivers.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

but this plug-in is not selling (even though it is probably my best work).

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        I recently bought a Pioneer 1222 and really liked your plugin, the only issue was that every few seconds I got a windows icon message that the plugin was calling the Pioneer. I'm sure there's an easy fix for that but after I realized the unit would not fulfill me desire i never looked into that. (I desire HDMI on at least zone 2 or maybe more zones. Looking at the Elite series now)

When I started looking for a reciever, it was your plugin that stood out. It's versatility and endless config options is what made me limit my AVR Choices to a Pioneer.

Right now Im replacing my 20 year old Honeywell alarm (module, wires, switchs, and sensors) with an Elk M1 Gold. Later this week when i finish the install I plan to skip the trial and purchase your Elk Plugin.

Some other people have been helping me get a grip on understanding how IR andi HS work hand and hand. Your IR plugin came up in the discussion and when I get my GC-100 that are getting firmware updates for sure I'll Foresure buy that one also.

Ultra, you do some good work and your plugins stand out from the rest.

Charlie
        HSPro: 3.0.0.194
        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Hello Chris. Please download the version I just uploaded to the HomeSeer updater. It adds the missing inputs available on the 2012 Pioneer receivers.

I installed the new version and I'm getting this error on startup.

1/28/2013 9:11:01 PM - UltraPioneerAVR Er - An unexpected error occured in the InitializeHashTables() function/subroutine: [System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '26' Key being added: '26' at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value) at HSPI_ULTRAPAVR.HSPI_PAVR.InitializeHashTables()]
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Sorry, I didn't notice I duplicated input 26 for the zone inputs. I just posted UltraPioneerAVR version 1.1.4776.40352 which fixes this issue.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Thank you much. The combination of this plugin with your IR plugin and Jeff's HSTV makes for a WAF that is second to none in my home.

Here is a shot of the HSTouch screen that controls my downstairs. use HSTV to show what is on, AVR to control the switching, and CGIR to change the channel on the UVerse STB when you press on the channel logos.

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome.

I am working on a page to control things in my office but for my phone so space is really tight. I added all the lights and desk fan. For the Pioneer receiver I added a toggle button for power, a vol up and vol down. Then I added a button that calls a script that I wrote that will rotate through the pioneer inputs. Saved a lot of space.

My plan is for anything that has a remote is to put the most common buttons on the office screen. Then have a button that opens a screen that looks like a remote over the main screen. One of the buttons will close the remote screen so you are back to the main screen. I'm doing that with my panasonic blu-ray players as well.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                  That looks awesome.

I am working on a page to control things in my office but for my phone so space is really tight. I added all the lights and desk fan. For the Pioneer receiver I added a toggle button for power, a vol up and vol down. Then I added a button that calls a script that I wrote that will rotate through the pioneer inputs. Saved a lot of space.

My plan is for anything that has a remote is to put the most common buttons on the office screen. Then have a button that opens a screen that looks like a remote over the main screen. One of the buttons will close the remote screen so you are back to the main screen. I'm doing that with my panasonic blu-ray players as well.
                  Same idea here, still (as is everything I do in automation) a work in progress. Keep it simple for my wife, not too many buttons that are used rarely. I am intrigued by your Panasonic Blue Ray control, are you using a known plug-in or something you wrote for internal consumption only?

Chris
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                    I am intrigued by your Panasonic Blue Ray control, are you using a known plug-in or something you wrote for internal consumption only?

Chris
                    It's a plugin that I wrote. I haven't bothered to post it as it can only control the 2011 models. So a total of 4 models. They changed the control for 2012 and I haven't been able to find anything on the changes to try to add the new players.
                    The big problem, even though the control is over the network, the players don't send any feedback. You can't query to see if they are on or not. Or what the status is at the moment.

If you have other questions about it, you can email me. I don't want to take over this thread for a non pioneer topic.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      I don't want to take over this thread for a non pioneer topic.
                      No worries about hijacking this thread as I'm very interested in monitoring what yall are doing with media controls. Your welcome to post in this thread or even start a new one.
                      If u start a new thread can u post the link in this one.

I'm almost coming one a year with HS and am interested in learning more while I build my hardware system. Your post in public would benifit all.

Thanks

Charlie
                      Last edited by CharlieWayne; January 30, 2013, 11:15 PM. Reason: typo from my smartphone
                      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Here are my HSTouch screens for the Pioneer Receiver and Panasonic Blu-Ray player in my office.

I have an Office Screen that has a few buttons for the most used functions.
                        Pioneer 1021: Open Remote Screen, Power, Vol +, Vol -, Toggle Input
                        Pana 110: Open Remote Screen, Power, Play, Pause, Select

The open remote screen buttons cause a new screen to open over the current screen. The Red X on the remote screen closes the remote.
                        Attached Files
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I just purchased the VSX-1123-K. I am making updates to the plug-in to officially support the 2012 and 2013 Pioneer receivers.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

I just purchased the VSX-1123-K. I am making updates to the plug-in to officially support the 2012 and 2013 Pioneer receivers.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Can you also add BDP support? The command structure is very similar among all the BDP blu-ray players Pioneer makes that have either ip or rs232 controls. They even have a way to submit an IR remote code in case the ip command does not exist, which is great because the IR commands are well documented.

I can beta test it on a BDP-150. I'm currently controlling it via the ip/serial plugin posted in the forums. It works very well but not as integrated as your most excellent UltraPAVR plugin.
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

ultrajones,

How do you like the VSX-1123-K? Looks like a great receiver!

Comment

I really like it. It adds an HDMI zone which I extended to the master bedroom TV via a 35 foot HDMI cable so I can play sources connected to my primary Pioneer receiver. It works great!

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X