X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sjz26
    replied
    self discover issue

Hello - I am attempting to connect your PI to my Pioneer elite VSX-90 and have been unsuccessful so far. I configured the AMP to align with your instruction manual, static IP, Friendly name.... I have a wired connection and can connect to through browser. I have also tried restarting HS and PI with no success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• mjrelph
    replied
    I see the compatible list includes the SC-91, but the forum seems to exclude it. Is this model compatible? If not, when might it be? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by anevard View Post
    Hi,

Trying this out with Pioneer Elite SC-79. Most functionality seems OK but Tone Control, Treble, Bass, and LEF ATT (sic) only get status updates but cannot send any commands (or can about 1 in 100 times). All other functions (at this point in my testing) can send commands and receive status. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andrew
    Hello Andrew,

The Pioneer receiver ignores tone control changes if the listening mode doesn't allow it. I don't recall which modes also changes.

Leave a comment:

• anevard
    replied
    Hi,

Trying this out with Pioneer Elite SC-79. Most functionality seems OK but Tone Control, Treble, Bass, and LEF ATT (sic) only get status updates but cannot send any commands (or can about 1 in 100 times). All other functions (at this point in my testing) can send commands and receive status. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• cloomis
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Yes, that is correct. It's not officially listed in the RS232 protocol specifications. However, if the iPhone app works with it, then you could simply just update the plug-in to use the same port as the iPhone. If you do this, then you wouldn't be able to use the iPhone app to control your receiver because the VSX-1023-K model only allows 1 connection.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Thanks for the reply. That is what I suspected. I'll try the workaround you suggested.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Tfernandezw
    replied
    So yea...

The Onkyo Plugin works SEAMLESSLY with the new Pioneer Units. Just input the IP had to change the volume status graphic to go to 200 and works.

Leave a comment:

• Tfernandezw
    replied
    Trying to Setup a SC-LX701 and same issue as above as expected. Funny thing is on a network scan it actually comes up as an ONKYO device...

Will try using the Onkyo Plug in to see if by any chance that works.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by cloomis View Post
    Good afternoon,

I saw a discussion in this thread back from 2013 about the VSX-1023-K and you noted that it was not supported. Just a quick question: is this do to a limitation on the receiver side?
    Yes, that is correct. It's not officially listed in the RS232 protocol specifications. However, if the iPhone app works with it, then you could simply just update the plug-in to use the same port as the iPhone. If you do this, then you wouldn't be able to use the iPhone app to control your receiver because the VSX-1023-K model only allows 1 connection.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• cloomis
    replied
    Good afternoon,

I saw a discussion in this thread back from 2013 about the VSX-1023-K and you noted that it was not supported. Just a quick question: is this do to a limitation on the receiver side?

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    Do you have any plans on adding this support to the plugin? What do you need to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very unlikely anytime soon. I would need motivation to purchase a new Pioneer Receiver. The 2 I have are working fine.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Do you have any plans on adding this support to the plugin? What do you need to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by Kim View Post
    Hi

Will this plugin support my Pioneer SC-LX90, the amp has RS232 and RJ45.

Br
    Kim
    I don't think so. I think that one uses the Onkyo API.

Leave a comment:

• Kim
    replied
    Support Pioneer SC-LX90 ?

Hi

Will this plugin support my Pioneer SC-LX90, the amp has RS232 and RJ45.

Br
    Kim

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    SC-LX801 doesn't work with my plug-in. Pioneer switched to another protocol for their newer receivers after they were purchased by Onkyo.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• copperlab
    replied
    SC-LX801

Just switched out my receiver to a SC-LX801 and unfortunately I am not able to connect. It is using port 60128 but log is showing no response to any commands. I have tried telnet into this port. And I do get in. But no commands seem to work. No response at port 8102 which is what my old pioneer receiver used. Please help

I found this list of commands. But I don't know how to test if they work: https://www.snapav.com/wcsstore/Exte...0Protocol.xlsx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X