Power Off/On & Volume Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Off/On & Volume Changes

Somehow I had HDMI CEC enabled on a couple of connected devices which along with the plugin resulted in LOW WAF when during normal operation the PAVR plugin would issue a power on status check which resulted in power OFF, 5 or so seconds later, power back on, with volume reduced about 20 or so dB.

I disabled the Power Device and the problem 100% disappeared. However, in doing this, now I get 4 log entries repeated every 40 seconds. Here are the log entries:

Code:
    4/24/2013 9:29:32 PM 	UltraPioneerAVR Warning 	Watchdog Timer indicates No response response from the Pioneer AVR device '192.168.1.15:23' for 1343 seconds.. Attempting to reconnect ...
    4/24/2013 9:29:32 PM 	UltraPioneerAVR Info 	A new base IO code of '.' for class 'BaseClass' was issued by HomeSeer.
    4/24/2013 9:29:32 PM 	UltraPioneerAVR Info 	A new base IO code of '.' for class 'BaseClass' was issued by HomeSeer.
    4/24/2013 9:29:32 PM 	UltraPioneerAVR Info 	Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt succeeded.
    Resolution I would like:

1. Power device can be disabled and I can still issue the power on / off commands via the plugin scripting interface without these log entries.
    2. Powering the device off/on does not result in dramatically lower volume levels.

Is it possible that having a pioneer blu-ray player on the LAN is causing these problems? The BDP-150 uses a different port but the commands are either identical or very similar where the functions are essentially the same, and of course the ip address is different.

I am trying to understand what happened so I can get WAF back high and have proper control and monitoring.

Ideally the plugin would also integrate with the BDP-150. It is not nearly as configurable nor intelligent as the VSX-1120-K I'm using with this plug-in.
    Last edited by huggy_d1; May 29, 2013, 08:52 PM. Reason: updated based on new information
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

5 weeks of incredibly painful logs, low WAF, and today I finally disabled the UltraPAVR plugin.

I was an early adopter and big fan. Now I cannot even get a response to a big problem. Today the PAVR turned off 5 times in a short period of time (during just one hour of watching a show off the DVR). Last straw.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I completely missed this post. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I don't understand how a power check can turn on your receiver. In my setup (3 Pioneer Receivers), the UltraPioneerAVR HSPI has probably sent almost a half a million power checks and none of those results in the receiver being turned on.

The VSX-1120-K isn't officially supported by the Pioneer API, but it should work. Can you provide the logs when the receiver turned on so I can see what commands are being sent by the plug-in to the receiver?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        I completely missed this post. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I don't understand how a power check can turn on your receiver. In my setup (3 Pioneer Receivers), the UltraPioneerAVR HSPI has probably sent almost a half a million power checks and none of those results in the receiver being turned on.

The VSX-1120-K isn't officially supported by the Pioneer API, but it should work. Can you provide the logs when the receiver turned on so I can see what commands are being sent by the plug-in to the receiver?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        UJ, thanks for the reply.

The VSX-1120 has been working great until recently.

Now that the plugin is disabled and HS restarted, I had an incident where the device power cycled all by itself again, so it is not possible it is the plugin.

I think it has to be related to a problem with the front hdmi port and cats running crazy and knocking the connector out with considerable force.

Now that I know it is not the plugin, I do not know what to do to improve WAF. I think I could replace the hdmi port and potentially fix the problem, but that's a pretty small connector with lots of pins. Hands aren't as steady and eyes aren't as great compared to my youth when I was "like a rock". [sorry for the obscure song reference]
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Check Setup

Huggy_di

This might not have anything to do with your problem. The HDMI's can control the other devices connected. If the setup for the HDMI is set to "control on". Like I said probably has nothing to do with your trouble.

My Elite 33 was turning off the TV right in the middle of my wife's favorite show. Turn out it was the pioneer. Check the "Control with HDMI function".

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
            Huggy_di

This might not have anything to do with your problem. The HDMI's can control the other devices connected. If the setup for the HDMI is set to "control on". Like I said probably has nothing to do with your trouble.

My Elite 33 was turning off the TV right in the middle of my wife's favorite show. Turn out it was the pioneer. Check the "Control with HDMI function".

Gene
            Initially that was part of the problem, but then I had it disabled in the PAVR, and enabled on a Pioneer bluray player. Any activity on the BDP caused the PAVR to do things. Then the LG TV would also switch inputs and toggle things even though it was set as disabled.

Seems the hdmi control spec needs some tighter adherence standards....
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
            X