Force connection? HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force connection? HS3

I have a VSX-920 and i power the device off with a zwave device because it won't power back on with the plugin.
    No problem so far, it shuts down all the power in the media room.

But when i power it back on after being off for some time, the plugin don't connect, not even when i select reconnect (in HS2 this used to work but now nothing happens, no log entry).
    Only when the watchdog comes by (once an hour) it's connected again.
    Is it possible to force a reconnect in some way?

Chiel.

The VSX-920 isn't listed as one of the Pioneer receivers supported by the Pioneer RS232 protocol documentation. Are you sure you have a VSX-920? I looked at the user's guide for that unit and it doesn't even have a network or RS-232 interface.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

It does have a network interface!
      http://docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/VSX_9...rceLanguage=nl
      Page 104 network setup.

And it works with your plugin if there's a connection.

Chiel.

Comment

Force connection? HS3

Can you power on the receiver using the android or IOS Pioneer App?

Please go into your receiver settings to make sure you have network standby enabled. That feature allows the receiver to be powered on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I cannot power it on with the IOS app, all the rest works.
          The receiver doesn't have an option "network standby".
          If i switch the main power on, and then disable and re-enable the plugin, then the connection is established.
          I don't mind to switch it on and off by killing the main power, but is it possible to start the watchdog to reconnect somehow?

Comment

Yes, you should be able to set the Pioneer AVR Connection device to reconnect. This is something you should be able to automated via a HomeSeer event.

Comment

Working...
            X