VSX-60 Standby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSX-60 Standby?

I am testing the plugin with a VSX-60. I would like to be able to turn the receiver off and on via the plugin; however, when I utilize the homeseer device the plugin creates from the master controls page for power, and select "off" it completely disconnects the receiver and fully shuts it down. OK, so I guess that is what something called "off" should do. So then I guess what I am missing is network standby? It seems that I can put the system in standby with the remote, is there a way to do this with the plugin?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    I am testing the plugin with a VSX-60. I would like to be able to turn the receiver off and on via the plugin; however, when I utilize the homeseer device the plugin creates from the master controls page for power, and select "off" it completely disconnects the receiver and fully shuts it down. OK, so I guess that is what something called "off" should do. So then I guess what I am missing is network standby? It seems that I can put the system in standby with the remote, is there a way to do this with the plugin?
    Hello,

Did you enable network standby in your receiver options? If you don't, then the network powers off when the receiver powers off.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

That is probably it. I am still learning about these receivers. I just bought a used one since I needed the component video inputs for older sources in the upstairs room. I will be able to check in a few days and I will report back. Plugin seems to be really well organized, but so are all of your plugins.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Enabling connected standby in the pioneer menu seems to have resolved the issue. Though I did notice that if I select "off" in the dropdown it seems to not work, "on" and "toggle" worked though. I only tested n=1 though. I will test more and report again if I observe something different.

OK, nevermind. Everything works. Selecting off is slightly wonky, it seems to not accept the selection if you had just turned it on, though it accepts it a few seconds later. Just a slight delay. I must say, this is a really excellent plugin so far.
        Last edited by jlrichar; January 24th, 2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X