Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin won't reconnect to receiver until restarted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Plugin won't reconnect to receiver until restarted

    Hi Randy,

    For my VSX-1124 receiver, the plugin won't reconnect to it after I have had a network interruption. When that happens, I can telnet to port 23 on the receiver from my HS server, but the reconnect in the plugin does not work. If I restart the plugin, then it reconnects right away. Any thoughts? I don't seem to have the same issue with my other receiver (VSX-1127).

    Thanks
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

  • #2
    Similar VSX-1130

    Howdy,

    I am having a similar issue. I do not know what causes the plug-in/receiver to disconnect as the receiver is in the home theatre so I may go days without using it, but no matter how many times I try to reconnect from the plug-in, it will not connect. So in my case (I have not tried restarting the plug-in yet but now I will)... I unplug the power to the VSX-1130, wait a bit, then plug it back in. Last night I did that and it still did not connect, or perhaps I did not wait long enough, but then I ran the Pioneer app and it connected, so then I did a reconnect in the plug-in and it connected.

    Plug-in issue or Pioneer issue? Any suggestions?
    Regards,

    Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

    Comment


    • #3
      My Amazon echo is the culprit, it kills the pioneer connection until the receiver is unplugged and restarted. I have gone back to ir control for now as my wife really uses the Echo.
      John

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't have an echo or any other device that controls it, so my issue looks to be slightly different.

        Cheers
        Al
        HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lj502 View Post
          My Amazon echo is the culprit, it kills the pioneer connection until the receiver is unplugged and restarted. I have gone back to ir control for now as my wife really uses the Echo.
          John
          Interesting - I have an Echo. How do you know that is causing the disconnect? Do you know if it is the Echo being bad or the Pioneer?
          Regards,

          Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

          Comment


          • #6
            It was posted earlier by Ultrajones, he confirmed it with some testing, hopefully he will add to this as I cant really explain it.
            John

            Comment


            • #7
              After spending untold number of hours (and buying a new receiver! to no avail) I followed this post and the problem went away....

              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176005

              I have also had a problem with Uverse blasting UDP packets and specifically disrupting SONOS grouping....

              Wireshark proved to be my friend as well during these network anomalies.

              Chris

              Comment


              • #8
                The plug-in does a pretty good job at detecting a lost network connection and is able to reconnect the majority of the time. However, the plug-in occasionally is unable to connect to my VSX-1123-K. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does I have to pull the power on the receiver to get it working.

                If you experience this issue again, please stop HomeSeer, then preform a telnet test to the receiver IP address and port to see if you get a connection refused. I'll do the same and report back if it happens to me.

                Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  The plug-in does a pretty good job at detecting a lost network connection and is able to reconnect the majority of the time. However, the plug-in occasionally is unable to connect to my VSX-1123-K. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does I have to pull the power on the receiver to get it working.

                  If you experience this issue again, please stop HomeSeer, then preform a telnet test to the receiver IP address and port to see if you get a connection refused. I'll do the same and report back if it happens to me.

                  Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Thanks Randy, will try that next time it happens.

                  Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    If you experience this issue again, please stop HomeSeer, then preform a telnet test to the receiver IP address and port to see if you get a connection refused.
                    So I don't have to go all over the message board looking, which port number do we use for the telnet test? Standard port or a special one?
                    Regards,

                    Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                      So I don't have to go all over the message board looking, which port number do we use for the telnet test? Standard port or a special one?
                      Hi Rick, standard, although on some receivers you can change it using their web interface.

                      Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                        So I don't have to go all over the message board looking, which port number do we use for the telnet test? Standard port or a special one?
                        Hi Rick,

                        Telnet to the Connection Address (IP address and port) defined in the Receivers tab.

                        Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi Randy,

                          It happened again and I was able to Telnet to it from my HS system. I had captured a debug log, but then restarted the plugin and I did not realize it would overwrite the debug log file at restart, so don't have it anymore.

                          In the debug log file, it did show the discovery beacons from that receiver, but the plugin did not appear to try and connect to it (even when selecting "Reconnect" in the PAVR2_Connection device). Will try to capture it next time and will save it before restarting the plugin. As soon as I restarted the plugin, it connected fine.

                          Thanks
                          Al
                          HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X