Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP_Address:PortNumber or COM:PortNumber

Hi,

would anyone know where I might find the "IP_Address:PortNumber or COM:PortNumber". I'm assuming it's looking for my OMNI Pro ll ip address and port number?

I've inserted those (as per image) and am seeing "No Audio Devices were found. Please make sure you have configured the plug-In to communicate with your Audio Device."?

Many Thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 20.44.38.png Views:	0 Size:	208.3 KB ID:	1375555

Originally posted by spagettilegs View Post
    Hi,

would anyone know where I might find the "IP_Address:PortNumber or COM:PortNumber". I'm assuming it's looking for my OMNI Pro ll ip address and port number?

I've inserted those (as per image) and am seeing "No Audio Devices were found. Please make sure you have configured the plug-In to communicate with your Audio Device."?

Many Thanks

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 20.44.38.png Views:	0 Size:	208.3 KB ID:	1375555
    What device do you have plugged into the serial port on your CAM66? That is what it needs to know.Serial to IP converter, perhaps.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for your response.

I have an OMNI Pro ll connected to my Russound CAV 6.6 via an RJ11 to serial adaptor at the back of the CAV unit.?

Comment

Not sure the benefit. Is the alarm panel supposed to be able to control the Russound?

Recommend plugging serial port from Russound to the HS3 computer. If the HS3 computer doesn't have a spare COM port, try using a USB--> serial adapter.

Here is an excerpt from the manual -
        Connect your Russound System to HomeSeer If your system is not already connected to HomeSeer via a serial connection, then you’ll need to either install a serial cable or install a network to serial adapter like the Global Cache iTach WF2SL or IP2SL or the Global Cache iTach Flex. Once installed, you’ll need to note either the com port number or the IP address of the network to serial adapter. If you are running HomeSeer on a Linux system, then you’ll need to use a network to serial adapter.

Comment

The Russound unit is connected to the OMNI Pro as the features in the OMNI Pro allow me to use home automation tools like PC Access and a smart phone app to control it. Do you know if there is a default IP address/Port number for the Russound CAV 6.6?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spagettilegs View Post
            The Russound unit is connected to the OMNI Pro as the features in the OMNI Pro allow me to use home automation tools like PC Access and a smart phone app to control it. Do you know if there is a default IP address/Port number for the Russound CAV 6.6?

Thanks
            The Russound has no IP capability. It's control is via serial only.

The settings within the ULTRA plug-in refer to the address-port of a network - serial adapter,
            It will not work with your current setup.

Comment

Working...
            X