UltraRussoundAudio3 HSPI for HomeSeer3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraRussoundAudio3 HSPI for HomeSeer3

I am in the final stages of development of my UltraRussoundAudio3 HSPI that supports the Russound Whole-House Audio Systems.

Please post any questions you may have in this thread.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

UltraRussoundAudio3 HSPI - Demonstration Video

Here is a link to a demonstration video (no audio).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWfwXpxUpc8

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hey UltraJones! Do you mind checking out my thread real quick in this group to see if I am crazy or if you can offer some insight?

Comment

So just to be clear, this plugin will NOT communicate via ethernet without a serial to ethernet converter? Both of my serial ports on my HS3 are taken, and i was hoping to get a russound and connect via ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
          So just to be clear, this plugin will NOT communicate via ethernet without a serial to ethernet converter? Both of my serial ports on my HS3 are taken, and i was hoping to get a russound and connect via ethernet.
          You can connect to the Russound via Ethernet provided you install a serial to Ethernet device on the Russound side. This type of setup won't consume a serial port on your HomeSeer computer.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

I'm now running two Russound CAM6.6 (10 zone audio) without keypads and am using with the UltraRussound plugin with HS3Pro, and finally seem to have it all working - I think.

Next step is to design the screens and i'd love to get some ideas from others - or gratuitously "borrow" your designs

Comment

ultra - I have a couple of quick questions. I just realized that the CAM6.6 doesn't have paging audio inputs so i can push the HS3 announcements through audio - so i'd like to just write events to turn on the zones, set the source, then turn it all back off.

So that leads to my questions:
              1) Is there a way to do an "all zones on"? or do i need to do them individually.

2) is there a way to track the current status of a zone (on/source) so that it can be restored once the announcement is complete?

I have no illusions this will take some creative programming - but somehow i missed that the CAM's don't have paging in, only the CAV's before i purchased on eBay

Comment

Yes, I plan on adding these features very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  Yes, I plan on adding these features very soon.

Great! One note to consider is the speech volume must be set higher for the HS3 announcements and returned to normal afterwards.

I've created some complex (currently buggy) events to make this kind of work temporarily, so I'd be interested in beta testing as soon as you're able. (I am also a paying customer! Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting the controls in Imperihome?

I am trying out your plugin and setup went very smooth with my CAM6.6 and it is easy to configure so that I have just the controls I want in my interface.

My challenge/question is I am controlling the rest of my Homeseer setup with Imperihome and the Imperihome plugin (combined with several different Android phones/tablets) and your Russound controls don't seem to show up as devices in Imperihome. It sure would be nice if they came across automatically.
                    Do you know if this is something that is possible?

Comment

I don't know why the HomeSeer devices don't appear in Imperihome. Have you tried directing your question to the author of that plug-in to see why it would see the devices my plug-in creates?

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Error Messages

Hello,

I'm getting the following Warnings in the homeseer log. Is there something wrong? My CAA66 Russound System does not have a keypad display. I'm aware I can change what is entered into the log but I would like to continue to receive warnings or other informational items.

Oct-25 9:04:39 AM Warning Audio Device packet does not contain a valid checksum.
                        Oct-25 7:00:03 AM Warning Device address Russound1.0.0-audiozone-keypad-display cannot be found.
                        Oct-25 7:00:03 AM Warning Device address Russound1.0.0-audiozone-keypad-display cannot be found.
                        Oct-25 7:00:02 AM Warning Device address Russound1.0.0-audiozone-keypad-display cannot be found.
                        Oct-25 7:00:01 AM Warning Device address Russound1.0.0-audiozone-keypad-display cannot be found.

Comment

Update

I just updated the plugin to version 3.0.6140.33174. Now HS consistently turns off two of my keypads after being on for 15-20 seconds. There are no entries in the log or events being triggered. I turn the keypad on manually or using the plugin, 20 seconds later it shuts off. If I shutdown homeseer the keypad stays on fine.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowlord699 View Post
                            I just updated the plugin to version 3.0.6140.33174. Now HS consistently turns off two of my keypads after being on for 15-20 seconds. There are no entries in the log or events being triggered. I turn the keypad on manually or using the plugin, 20 seconds later it shuts off. If I shutdown homeseer the keypad stays on fine.

Had a similar issue after the upgrade. I just reset (turned off/on) my cams and the problem resolved. It's happened one other time and that was due to a power flicker, but turning off and on in sequence (cam1,cam2,etc) fixed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Derek,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried turning off my Russound CAA66 Audio controller and each of the key pads. Then I turned them back on one by one. Unfortunately that did not resolve the issue for me

Comment

Working...
                              X