Any Luck with Alexa/Jon00 Helper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Luck with Alexa/Jon00 Helper?

Has anyone had any luck getting this PI to change channels using Alexa, possibly with the help of Jon00's outstanding helper script?

bonus points if you post a screenshot/ini snip from Jon00's Helper.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

I am with a Global Cache pro... what hardware were you intending on using?
    Of course Jon's helper is key along with a bit of scripting...

Need a bit more info for your desired implementation.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I was hoping to use UltraTivo. From the web page I can type in a channel number and change channels. I just haven't had much luck triggering through Alexa using Jon00's script.
      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I would suggest contract Ultrajones. If you can pass a parameter to the PI, then it would be fairly easy. As I use GCP, I have to run through a for loop in a script since the plugin uses a single CAPI command for each digital.
        PHP Code:
         Sub Main(ByVal Parm As String

Dim Digit As String "" 

For Each c As Char In Parm 
                    Digit 
        "DIGIT " 
                    hs
        .CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(731,True,Digit,False,False)) 

hs.waitsecs(0.2

Next 

End Sub 
        So If I want to change my Fibe box to 1201, the CAPI commands executed would then need to go through the dropdown options for the DIGIT 1, DIGIT 2 DIGIT 0, DIGIT 1.

As I don't use UltraTivo, I'm not sure how it works. I can't find the info on the documentation I found.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
        X