Tivo Disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tivo Disconnects

I have a Tivo bolt. I used the trial some time ago and then bought the plugin yesterday as I now have some time to get things automated again. I forgot that when I was using the trial that it would sometimes disconnect.

I tried to reconnect but it will not connect. I also disabled/enabled the plugin and it still won't connect.

Any recommendations on troubleshooting?

Make sure your TiVo is allowing external devices to connect...those options are somewhere in the TiVo menu.

I had some older network switches that were causing issues when I first set this plugin up, I now have some inexpensive Netgear POE switches that don't cause any disconnections.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
      Make sure your TiVo is allowing external devices to connect...those options are somewhere in the TiVo menu.

I had some older network switches that were causing issues when I first set this plugin up, I now have some inexpensive Netgear POE switches that don't cause any disconnections.

Ok thanks. Let me double check that. I will post back what I find. I went from WIFI to hardware so I don't know if that makes a difference. It worked while on hardwire up until overnight last night. The event I had scheduled for this morning at 4 a.m. did not change the channel due to the disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, I checked and I have the remote network control enabled. And.....it appears that when I hooked up the Ethernet the IP address was updated. I am now connected again. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X