Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add Remote commands to send IRCODE for NETFLIX and FIND_REMOTE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Remote commands to send IRCODE for NETFLIX and FIND_REMOTE?

I came across this discussion in the TiVo Community forums:

https://www.tivocommunity.com/commun...392385/page-38

that mentions that IRCODE NETFLIX and IRCODE FIND_REMOTE work. I stopped the plugin, did a manual telnet to my Roamio, and sent IRCODE NETFLIX which took me into Netflix and IRCODE FIND_REMOTE which triggered the remote to start making its locator sound. A later comment in that thread notes that TELEPORT NETFLIX also works which I confirmed.

I tried adding new status text options on the off chance the text might be sent, but that didn't pan out.

Is there any chance you could add these so they would be valid for use from the plugin? Or is there any place that it would be possible to add these so they would be available?

Any luck on figuring this out?

Comment

Since I never got any response on this, I figured out this tacky work-around in which I located an IR command in the current file that is the same length of the one I want that I don't actually use, then used a binary editor to replace it with the ones I want. It worked for me, but when patching files with a binary editor, always make sure you have backups.
      1. Make a copy of HSPI_ULTRATIVO3.exe to HSPI_ULTRATIVO3_PATCHED.exe
      2. Open the copy using a hex editor like Hex Editor Neo
      3. Locate the Unicode string Options (in the latest file, this is at offset 127e0)
      4. Change Options to Netflix (since it's Unicode, every other byte will be a 00)
      5. Locate the Unicode string ChannelDown (in the latest file, this is at offset 1507d)
      6. Change ChannelDown to Find_Remote
      7. Save the file
      8. Shutdown HomeSeer
      9. Rename HSPI_ULTRATIVO3.exe to HSPI_ULTRATIVO3_ORIGINAL.exe
      10. Copy HSPI_ULTRATIVO3_PATCHED.exe to HSPI_ULTRATIVO3.exe
      11. Restart HomeSeer

Once you do this, the Netflix and Find_Remote options will appear as options you can send in the plugin. You lose Options and ChannelDown, but I don't use those under automation so I don't mind.

If this plugin is ever updated, these changes will be lost and need to be performed again. My hope is that if there are any changes, these codes will be added so that will not matter.

Comment

I will try this. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by czagar View Post
          I came across this discussion in the TiVo Community forums:

https://www.tivocommunity.com/commun...392385/page-38

that mentions that IRCODE NETFLIX and IRCODE FIND_REMOTE work. I stopped the plugin, did a manual telnet to my Roamio, and sent IRCODE NETFLIX which took me into Netflix and IRCODE FIND_REMOTE which triggered the remote to start making its locator sound. A later comment in that thread notes that TELEPORT NETFLIX also works which I confirmed.

I tried adding new status text options on the off chance the text might be sent, but that didn't pan out.

Is there any chance you could add these so they would be valid for use from the plugin? Or is there any place that it would be possible to add these so they would be available?
          Sorry, I missed this post. Other than teleport netflix, what others do you need added?
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I just updated the plug-in to add both find remote and teleport Netflix. Please try it out and let me know if it works okay.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Netflix is all I was really looking for. I do not see the update in the Beta section

Comment

I was able to see and apply the update this morning and both of them worked great. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by czagar View Post
                  I was able to see and apply the update this morning and both of them worked great. Thanks!
                  woohoo!

Comment

First thank you for updating the plugin. Much better than the 8 steps I was going through to navigate to Netflix. (Menus,Down,Down,Right, etc)
                    Silly question but what does one do with Find Remote?

Comment

My Roamio has a feature where you can press a button on the front of the TiVo and it will send a request to the remote to start playing a little tune to help you find it. It's hard to get to my TiVo where I have it mounted, so I have things set up so I can tell my HomePod to find my TiVo remote, it triggers a script that makes a web request back to HomeSeer to send this code to the TiVo, and then the remote starts chiming away.

Comment

Interesting. I'll have to see if my Bolt has the same feature

Comment

Working...
                        X