How to you set a channel on TiVo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to you set a channel on TiVo?

I'm making an event and I want to go to a specific channel. When I choose TiVo channel for the action, the drop down menu for channels is blank. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Originally posted by email68 View Post
    I'm making an event and I want to go to a specific channel. When I choose TiVo channel for the action, the drop down menu for channels is blank. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks.
    I reported this issue multiple times to HomeSeer, but it's still not fixed. In the meantime, I added an UltraTivo3 HSPI Set Channel action that you can use to set the channel via an event. Please download and install UltraTivo3 HSPI version 3.0.5994.19480 to use this new event action.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the workaround. Too bad HS won't fix their bugs.
      -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
      Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Good news on the Set Channel Action!
        How can I do this from a script?

I have tried using the TiVo Channel Device in a CapiControl mechanism but I get a Tivo rejected the command due to a 'CH_FAILED_MISSING_CHANNEL'. Even though I know the channel is valid.

Must be a way (on HS3)!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I reported this issue multiple times to HomeSeer, but it's still not fixed. In the meantime, I added an UltraTivo3 HSPI Set Channel action that you can use to set the channel via an event. Please download and install UltraTivo3 HSPI version 3.0.5994.19480 to use this new event action.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          There is a way to do this using the "UltraTivo3: Set Channel" action from the pulldown rather than Control a device.

Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Thanks .... but how does one do this from a script? (set a channel, that is)

Comment

Working...
            X