UltraTivo3 and Tivo Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraTivo3 and Tivo Bolt

Does the UltraTivo3 plug-in work with the newer Tivo Bolt?

I don't have a TiVo Bolt, so I cannot confirm. If the TiVo Bolt supports the TiVo Remote Control Protocol and the TiVo Connect Automatic Machine Discovery Protocol Specification then it should work.

http://www.tivo.com/assets/images/ab...l_Protocol.pdf

I'll post a question on the TiVo forum to confirm.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I received word that the option needs to be turned on in your TiVo.com account settings. Can you log into TiVo.com to see if you see those settings for your Bolt?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

DVR not found

I've been able to see the two Tivo Minis through Homeseer. But the Tivo Bolt DVR does not show up.

On the Bolt I have set Network Remote Control to "Allow." (I'm assuming they changed it from Enable to Allow.)

I've logged in online to my Tivo account and I can't find any place where there are options for TiVo Remote Control Protocol and the TiVo Connect Automatic Machine Discovery Protocol Specification.

Any suggestions on how to get it to see the Bolt DVR?

(Sorry for not responding earlier, I had surgery on my neck and am just getting back on me feet now.)

Comment

Minis status shows disconnected

While the plug-in found the two minis. I just noticed their status shows "disconnected" If I tell it to reconnect, nothing happens and they stay disconnected.

Comment

TiVo Bolt with UltraTivo3

Hello,
            I have been trying to get my Bolt to be seen by UltraTivo3, but it will not show up. I have tried removing and adding UltraTivo, and my Roamio+ shows up but not the Bolt.

In looking at the UltraTivo info screen, it specifically says that only Premier, Roamio and Mini are supported...

Further analysis on the traffic to/from the Roamio on a packet capture shows it beaconing as tcd/Series5. I beleive the bolt is tcd/Series6 and is not supported/detected by the UltraTivo3. Since I paid good money ($40 for any plugin is quite steep making Homeseer not a cheap solution for highly integrated environments) for the UltraTivo3, can we get this updated to support the new Tivo Bolt so that us 4Kers can retain our nice integration/automation with Tivo devices?

Regards,
            Chris

Comment

Are you seeing the bolt advertise itself on the network?

Comment

For anyone with a bolt, can you try to telnet to the TiVo bolt's IP address on 31339 to see if you get connected and can see data?

Comment

Telnet Response

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  For anyone with a bolt, can you try to telnet to the TiVo bolt's IP address on 31339 to see if you get connected and can see data?
                  I don't use Telnet, so not sure I'm doing this right. However, I entered "o 192.168.1.40 31339" in Telnet and got this response:

CH_STATUS 1041 LOCAL

That is all.

Comment

Ok, then I'll add the ability to manually add the bolt to the plugin

Comment

Ok, then I'll add the ability to manually add the bolt to the plugin
                      Thanks

Comment

Tivo network advertisement

Are you seeing the bolt advertise itself on the network?
                        I am seeing it advertise on UDP port 5353, and the Roamio uses 2190 it looks like. Is this a Bonjour vs TiVo Beacon issue?

will try to telnet now on 31339 and post what I see..
                        Thanks!
                        Chris

Comment

telnet 31339 results

I get the following on my Bolt from telnet 31339 (using Putty)

CH_STATUS 0600 LOCAL

it eventually times out and says

COMMAND_TIMEOUTLOCAL

Chris

Comment

any ETA?

Hello,
                            Is there any ETA on a version of UltraTivo that supports Tivo Bolt? I still cannot get it to be found by the current version. I can supply any troubleshooting information you may need to get this functionality integrated.

Thanks!
                            Chris

Comment

I just posted UltraTiVo3 HSPI version 3.0.6171.18152. Can you please try it out? You'll need your TiVo Identify (from the TiVo.com website and the IP address of your TiVo).

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X