Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Plugin Abandonware?

Hi Beerygaz,

Sorry for the to-the-point title but it appears that this plugin is no longer being developed. Back in March you posted that you had some personal challenges of which I'm all too familiar with but here it is October and nothing has been done. A quick member search of posts shows you are semi-regularly posting so that leads me to think this plugin has been abandoned? I did some poking around in your sqlite3 databases and it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to add new models assuming your code is driven directly off of what is found in HSPI_YAMAHA_Commands.db?

Let me know if I can provide any assistance with adding new models?

Ken

hi Ken, it does feel like the plugin has been abandoned, I know. I assure you it has not. Personal events (but me and my wife lost our jobs) have created a shift in priorities recently, and that's forced me to focus elsewhere in the short term. I have every intention of enhancing and improving the plugin. There are three challenges right ow that need addressing.

1. Multi-platform support. HST have not made it easy to deploy platform-specific libraries (like Sqlite) so I need to re-write using the native slite3 library that HST deploys to all platforms
    2. Improved stability and error handling for outlying scenarios (receiver go offline, fail to respond, etc.)
    3. Add new models - thisis hard as Yamaha seem to have stopped publishing their command codes for their newer models, if we can find them then I'll add them.

As for the database observations, you're right, I tried to make the db extensible in that it contains all of command codes for all of the models that I could find. If you know how to source data for additional models then I'll add them with pleasure.

As for an updated plugin, things are slowly improving and I'm hoping to be able to spend some more time delivering a bette quality product before the year is out.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      hi Ken, it does feel like the plugin has been abandoned, I know. I assure you it has not. Personal events (but me and my wife lost our jobs) have created a shift in priorities recently, and that's forced me to focus elsewhere in the short term. I have every intention of enhancing and improving the plugin. There are three challenges right ow that need addressing.

1. Multi-platform support. HST have not made it easy to deploy platform-specific libraries (like Sqlite) so I need to re-write using the native slite3 library that HST deploys to all platforms
      2. Improved stability and error handling for outlying scenarios (receiver go offline, fail to respond, etc.)
      3. Add new models - thisis hard as Yamaha seem to have stopped publishing their command codes for their newer models, if we can find them then I'll add them.

As for the database observations, you're right, I tried to make the db extensible in that it contains all of command codes for all of the models that I could find. If you know how to source data for additional models then I'll add them with pleasure.

As for an updated plugin, things are slowly improving and I'm hoping to be able to spend some more time delivering a bette quality product before the year is out.
      Hi beerygaz,

It appears that Yamaha is going away from the YNC (Yamaha Network Control) protocol (serial/TCP) in favor of the YXC (Yamaha Extended Control) protocol which is the same HTTP protocol used for MusicCast device control. At least that's what I'm finding when it comes to the RX-Vxxx series I'm using.

Queries and Commands are sent with HTTP "Get" requests and the responses are JSON. Requests are either a "get" or a "set" verb format.

For example:

http://172.29.1.71/YamahaExtendedCon...undProgramList

returns:
      Code:
      {"response_code":0,"sound_program_list":["munich","vienna","chamber","cellar_club","roxy_theatre", "bottom_line","sports","action_game","roleplaying_game","music_video","standard","spectacle","sci-fi", "adventure","drama","mono_movie","2ch_stereo","5ch_stereo", "surr_decoder","straight"]}
      and:

http://172.29.1.71/YamahaExtendedCon...program=vienna

returns:
      Code:
      {"response_code":0}
      I don't know if this move is across the board but it sure seems that way for all the new receivers that support MusicCast.

I'll let you know if I found out more.

Ken

Comment

Working...
      X