Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha Plugin DOES NOT work!

Yamaha Plugin DOES NOT work! Give my money back! Order #32857

I bought the Yamaya plugin on November 08, 2018.
    It does not install at all.
    Very disappointed!
    Current version is: HS3 Standard (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.435

Install throws an exception:
    Code:
    [COLOR=#FF0000]Jan-26 12:29:50 PM Error Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_YAMAHA.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->The type initializer for[/COLOR]
    Log:

Code:
    Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
    Jan-26 12:29:50 PM Error Error, Creating plugin instance: HSPI_YAMAHA.exe->Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->The type initializer for 'HSPI_YAMAHA.HSPI' threw an exception.
    Jan-26 12:29:48 PM Z-Wave Device: First Floor Living Room Temperature Set to 77.18 (F)
    Jan-26 12:29:48 PM Updater Install/Update of package Yamaha was successful.
    Jan-26 12:29:48 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
    Jan-26 12:29:48 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: Yamaha_HTML.zip
    Jan-26 12:29:48 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: Yamaha_Graphics.zip
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: Yamaha_HELP.ZIP
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_YAMAHA.exe
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_YAMAHA.exe.config
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HSPI_YAMAHA/HSPI_YAMAHA_Commands.db
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Warning File exists, not overwriting: \usr\local\HomeSeer\Data\HSPI_YAMAHA\HSPI_YAMAHA_Config.db
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/YamahaRemote.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/YamahaDataModel.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/libSQLite.Interop.so
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/System.Data.SQLite.EF6.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/System.Data.SQLite.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/SQLite.Interop.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/EntityFramework.SqlServer.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/EntityFramework.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:47 PM Updater Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/HSPI_YAMAHA/NLog.dll
    Jan-26 12:29:46 PM Updater Installing package Yamaha
    Jan-26 12:29:46 PM Updater Update hspi_yamaha.exe downloaded successfully
    Jan-26 12:29:44 PM Updater Downloading update: Yamaha
    Jan-26 12:29:44 PM Updater Starting download of updates

I’m sorry the plugin is failing for you. It is flagged as not working on Linux but it seems the installer for the HS3 SEL controller fails that check and show it in the updated.

Please contact HST support and they will refund you.

There will be a fully supported Linux version out later this year that I hope you’ll try.

Gavin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick response beerygaz.
      I'll contact support for a refund.
      I'll definitely try the new version.
      Are you developing it in .NET Core 3.0?

Comment

Originally posted by ifarkas View Post
        Thank you very much for your quick response beerygaz.
        I'll contact support for a refund.
        I'll definitely try the new version.
        Are you developing it in .NET Core 3.0?
        In the future all HS3 plugins come with a free 30 day trial which would allow you to test the functionality prior to purchasing and avoiding this situation.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
          I’m sorry the plugin is failing for you. It is flagged as not working on Linux but it seems the installer for the HS3 SEL controller fails that check and show it in the updated.

Please contact HST support and they will refund you.

There will be a fully supported Linux version out later this year that I hope you’ll try.

Gavin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          What about the Windows version? I tried installing and it crashes every 10 to 15 seconds. I can get it to create the HS3 devices, but then the crashing begins.

Comment

Can you send me any of the HS3 logs please to see where it crashes so I can try and fix this.
            Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              Can you send me any of the HS3 logs please to see where it crashes so I can try and fix this.
              Will send via PM.

Comment

I am moving to HS4 on 64 bit Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on Raspberry Pi 4 8GB, ROCKPro64 4GB, or similar powerful SBC.
                After successful migration, I'll give Yamaha Plugin another try.

Comment

Working...
                X