Blue iris not sending motion alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue iris not sending motion alerts

Both my home seer and blue iris setup run on the same machine. I am trying to get it so if during the night a camera detects motion it turns on the light in that area. I have downloaded the plugin and went to alerts on blue iris and set it up per the instructions and I am not seeing anything in the log data when the camera detects motion and it does not trigger the lights.

Any ideas? I have been trying to get it working for a week.

Originally posted by s389j View Post
    Both my home seer and blue iris setup run on the same machine. I am trying to get it so if during the night a camera detects motion it turns on the light in that area. I have downloaded the plugin and went to alerts on blue iris and set it up per the instructions and I am not seeing anything in the log data when the camera detects motion and it does not trigger the lights.

Any ideas? I have been trying to get it working for a week.

Check your camera devices that were created in HS and make sure that "Do not log commands from this device" is not checked. I've seen that checked by default on several devices that plugins create.

Comment

I just checked, the boxes are not checked. Has the URL to put in Blue iris changed at all? I read online that people have had issues with the URL for the web request, not sure if the directions are up to date???

Comment

I just checked, the boxes are not checked. Has the URL to put in Blue iris changed at all? I read online that people have had issues with the URL for the web request, not sure if the directions are up to date???

I'm using 192.168.1.22:8080/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
          I'm using 192.168.1.22:8080/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
          Not working for me, I am using the same except mine needs a username and password to login.

BIUsername:BIpassword@127.0.0.1:82/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

I find it weird that when I click test in blue iris I receive "Received 7853 Bytes" Doesn't that mean it is successful communicating with home seer? But yet nothing shows in the HS log.

I also verified that when a camera is detecting motion it does change from green to red "record" on home seer so there is for sure communication between them.

Comment

Not working for me, I am using the same except mine needs a username and password to login.

BIUsername:BIpassword@127.0.0.1:82/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

I find it weird that when I click test in blue iris I receive "Received 7853 Bytes" Doesn't that mean it is successful communicating with home seer? But yet nothing shows in the HS log.

I also verified that when a camera is detecting motion it does change from green to red "record" on home seer so there is for sure communication between them.

Looking through my plugin settings, I have the log level set to Debug. If I recall, I think I had to do that in order to get it to show up.

Comment

If you put the URL (with http:// prefix) into a browser, what does it return. We can use that to see what the 7853 bytes are. That sounds like too much data being returned to me.

I assume HS3 is running on port 8080?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Similar problem with no motion trigger to HS3

Background: HomeSeer Pro (HS3) and Blue Iris (BI) are on separate computers in a LAN. HS3 has a static IP address outside the LAN, but the computer and HS3 are configured to recognize the LAN.

HS3 can trigger and set presets of BI cameras. HS3 UN in the BI URL has admin-local privileges and BI UN in the HS3 plug-in has admin privileges.

But BI cameras when triggered do not run events and there are no entries in the logs. When the URL is tested from BI ALERTS page ("Configure Web or MQTT Alert") it returns 57 bytes, and the HS Log shows "It's working! Test alert received for Cam 1" .

When the URL is tested from a browser the response is: {"Response":OK - got the trigger alert for " } that looks like something is missing. There is also no HS log entry when this URL is tested. Here is the URL I am using:

XXXXXX:XXXXXX@XX.XX.XX.XX/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

This is a really cool plug-in and will be so cool when I get it too work.

Some lessons learned, don't use pw with complex characters, I needed to create a new HS user without complex characters. Also be careful when testing with chrome or a browser that has "remembered" the UN/PW for HS3 it can give you a false sense of success - go incognito to get a fair test.

What do I need to do to get the BI camera motion to trigger events in HS3?

Comment

1. Thanks for the detailed information - it's a big help
                  2. Have you created events in HS3 to trigger on the web service from BI?
                  3. In your browser test, try to replace &CAM with the short name of a valid camera, and replace &TYPE with MOTION and see what the log shows then.
                  Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

1. My pleasure, very cool plug-in
                    2. Yes, a very simple spoken message for now.
                    3. replaced as you requested and that worked!
                    It also worked when I 'Tested" if from the Alerts page of BI and when I "triggered now" from the trigger page of BI.
                    Is this the solution? Is there any risk for lost functionality, otherwise this appears to work perfectly.

As an aside, the short name I used ["CAM2"] was the one that I saw in the log when I tested the link before. Since each camera has a specific alerts URL that should work across all cameras.

When I looked at the HS-PI log, there appeared to be issues with trimming, one machine was waiting on another and finally gave up. The logs are on a different machine.

Comment

I know this post if fairly dated but I have been trying to get triggers to work on HS3. I have read several post but to no avail. First, I noticed in HS3 that the BI cameras will change from green to record (red) and shows how many clips I have. I have several cameras that record 24/7. I also created camera clones in BI just for alerting which successfully merged into HS3 with no issues. I created a user in BI just for HS3 and removed the Admin privilege as it was suggested in another post but that did nothing to capture triggers in HS3.
                      There is nothing in the HS3 log file to tell me something is not working or triggers are happening. I have unchecked the "Do not log commands from this device" as suggested above but that did not help either.
                      I am unsure where to find the URL mentioned in this post to test in a browser. I have BI running on a server and the HS3 is standalone on a Hometroller SEL Pro.

UPDATE - Okay played with this some more and figured out that removing the admin privilege was probably the issue. I now get recording status on my cloned camera as expected. I was able to run a few test events that were successful. However, gong into record mode is not the same as triggered motion. Or is it? When I set an event to run when a camera is in motion triggered still nothing happens.

Comment

What are you using as a trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
                          What are you using as a trigger?
                          BI is my default trigger. Simple triggers no zoning for now.

Comment

Not sure what that means... I use the "Blue Iris: Camera Action" triggers rather than "Changes and becomes" and it works well for me.

Example:
                            IF Camera Driveway has a motion alert in zone ABCDEFGH

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
                              Not sure what that means... I use the "Blue Iris: Camera Action" triggers rather than "Changes and becomes" and it works well for me.

Example:
                              IF Camera Driveway has a motion alert in zone ABCDEFGH
                              Agreed but none of my cameras will show a trigger status. They update the clip count in HS when a triggered event happens in BI, they show that they are recording a clip in HS but the status never changes to trigger. I have ran several test as you have it written but they do not work simply because they will not show the triggered state.

Comment

Working...
                              X