Blue iris not sending motion alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might want to check this.

In BI/ camera properties/alerts/actions/Post to a web address../configure/when triggered/http://

mine has this

192.168.0.200/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

I think this is how the BI plugin gets notified that the camera triggered.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post

In BI/ camera properties/alerts/actions/Post to a web address../configure/when triggered/http://

mine has this

192.168.0.200/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

Where can I find that URL for my system? I assume that is the URL to HS and then camera?

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post

mine has this

I was finally able to figure this out with that URL and the fact that I have to do camera based events instead of a BI actions in HS but all is working as it should now. Thanks for the point in the right direction...

Comment

Originally posted by willyv1004 View Post

Agreed but none of my cameras will show a trigger status. They update the clip count in HS when a triggered event happens in BI, they show that they are recording a clip in HS but the status never changes to trigger. I have ran several test as you have it written but they do not work simply because they will not show the triggered state.
          Have you configured the alert URL in Blue Iris as shown in the help file for the plugin?
          Camera Alerts

To configure Blue Iris for camera alerts, open the applpication settings in Blue Irris and select the Alerts tab. Enable "Request from a web service" and click the "Configure" button as shown below.

• In the "When triggered" section set the protocol to http:// and enter the following for the text:
            • <homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
          • Replace <homseer IP> with the IP address or FQDN of your homeseer server (do not include the <> brackets>. The rest of the text should be exactly as shown, and is case sensitive.
          • If your homeseer server is running on a port other than port 80, inlcude the port number (e.g. 192.168.1.2:8080)
          • If your Homeseer server requires authentication from internal networks then you can supply user credentials, but note they will be passed in plain text to the server.
            • Use the format <user>:<pass>@<homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
          • Replace the identifiers in the angled brackets <> with your HomeSeer username, password and address of your HomeSeer server.
          • Here's an example.

Blue Iris will now notify the plugin when an alert occurs. The alert types are MOTION, AUDIO, EXTERNAL and WATCHDOG.

If you click the "TEST" button you should see an entry in you HomeSeer log showing if the test was successful (assuming the log level is set to Info or higher)

You can now create a HomeSeer event based on these alerts for each camera you have configured. See Events & Alerts

Note: If the above "Wait at least" "timer" is set too low (less than the 1min default) and you have a lot of alerts this will impose a significant load on Homeseer and will affect overall performance. Trigger Reset

In order to notify HomeSeer when the alert trigger is reset (usually the "Break Time" value for the camera Trigger) you canenter a similar URL in the "Request again when trigger is reset" field.

The URL you enter will be identical to the "When triggerd" URL with one exception.
            • <homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Reset&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
          or (if HS3 required credentials)
            • <user>:<pass>@<homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Reset&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

Copyright © 2017 by Highpeak (Pty) Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Comment

OK - here's how I am Triggering HomeSeer Events from Cameras in Blue Iris that are set to trigger only on "Object Crosses Zones".

I am using Blue Iris Version 5 and HomeSeer Version 3.0.0.548 with Windows 10. Both programs are running on the same machine. I am also tied into the Vista Alarm System with the Vista Plugin.

I understand I can't get real time triggers directly from the BI plugin because it is "connecting" every 30 seconds or more. I do use the BI plugin to change My BI Profile based on my Vista Alarm system and time of day, which is necessary with Armed to Stay or Armed to Away conditions.

I use the BI Alerts "Web Request or MQTT" to send the html link outlined below to Home Seer and Trigger a HS Event. In my HS Event setup, I use "Blue Iris: Camera Action", set my Camera to "fdoor" and my "Alert Type" to "External". When, in BI I select the BI Front Door camera and select "Trigger now" in the drop down menu, the Event Triggers!

URL BI Alert Sends:
            localhost:80/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=fdoor&P2=External

BUT none of the other cameras will trigger a Homeseer Event !!!

In my HS Event setup, I use "Blue Iris: Camera Action", set my Camera to "fyard" (or any other selection in the drop down) and my "Alert Type" to "External". When, in BI I select the Front Yard camera (or any other) and select "Trigger now" in the drop down menu, the Event Does Not Trigger!

If I copy the BI Alert URL for the non working camera (i.e. fyard) to my browser, I get a response just as I did for the working "fdoor" camera (see below). If I copy the BI working camera name (fdoor) over to the nonworking BI Alert, the HS "fdoor" Event Triggers - so the problem is not related to BI Alerts.

Browser response to camera trigger requests
            { "Response":"Trigger matched <p>OK - got the TRIGGER External alert for fyard" }

Questions:

1. Can you only have one instance of an "External" trigger Type with the HS BI plugin?
            2. Can you not have multiple cameras with an "External" trigger Type that triggers multiple HS events?
            3. Am I right in believing that a URL as outlined above should trigger each separate event based on it's "Camera" setting in the HS Event Trigger setup.

Thanks for your help,

Doug

Note: The "fdoor" event triggers - the "fyard" does not!

fdoor working url in browser: localhost:80/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=fdoor&P2=External
            fyard non working url in browser: localhost:80/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=fyard&P2=External
            Attached Files

Comment

First, I would change the HTTP Alert URL in Blue Iris to the correct format. The URL should be this for you:

localhost:80/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

This same URL should be pasted into all your cameras. You do not need to change the &CAM or &TYPE to anything, Blue Iris will send the correct camera name and trigger type automatically when sending the URL to Homeseer. As you found out already, the trigger now button for your cameras will send the "External" trigger via URL to Homeseer and if the camera actually detects motion, it will sent the "Motion" trigger via URL to Homeseer.

Second, I would delete the non-working event and re-create it using a trigger of the "External" or "Motion" Alert type. See if it works now.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response.

I changed the URLs in all of the cameras per your suggestion and let Blue Iris fill in the short cam names. That did not fix the problems, but it certainly made it easier to set up camera alerts.

I did recreate a working and nonworking camera event trigger with the BlueIris Plugin. The problem that I encountered (above) was that I had copied my working "fdoor" camera triggered event to create my other camera events (i.e. fyard, pool etc). I then went and changed the Event Name and "Camera" for each. The events that I "copied" would not trigger.

When I created a new event using the event group plus sign and built each camera event from scratch, every camera event worked !!!!

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I now have a working system!!

In the past, I've copied events to create different scenarios and have never had a problem. I currently have over 1100 events.

Hopefully this will help someone else that may have the same problem.

All the best,

Doug

P.S. I will post the steps I took to create an integrated - Blue Iris / Homeseer / Vista Alarm / Google Home System.

Comment

Sounds good, I wondered if that was the issue, that's why I mentioned recreating the event. I've had that happen lots of times, must be a bug in the event logic somewhere.

What does your Google Cast event look like? I'm interested in setting up something like this for my front door.

Comment

Here is what I have set up for my Google Cast Events.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS events for Camera Trigger 1.jpg
Views:	1634
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1328238Click image for larger version

Name:	HS events for Camera Trigger 2.jpg
Views:	1629
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1328234Click image for larger version

Name:	HS events for Camera Trigger 3.jpg
Views:	1642
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1328235Click image for larger version

Name:	HS events for Camera Trigger 4.jpg
Views:	1661
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1328237Click image for larger version

Name:	HS events for Camera Trigger 5.jpg
Views:	1634
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1328236

Unfortunately Google Home cannot use the Chromecast Plugin to Select or Play Spotify, so I use the speaker client to tell a Home Device to "Play Spotify".

Name:	HS events for Camera Trigger 6.jpg
Views:	1600
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1328239
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmedemar View Post

Have you configured the alert URL in Blue Iris as shown in the help file for the plugin?
                      Camera Alerts

To configure Blue Iris for camera alerts, open the applpication settings in Blue Irris and select the Alerts tab. Enable "Request from a web service" and click the "Configure" button as shown below.

• In the "When triggered" section set the protocol to http:// and enter the following for the text:
                        • <homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
                      • Replace <homseer IP> with the IP address or FQDN of your homeseer server (do not include the <> brackets>. The rest of the text should be exactly as shown, and is case sensitive.
                      • If your homeseer server is running on a port other than port 80, inlcude the port number (e.g. 192.168.1.2:8080)
                      • If your Homeseer server requires authentication from internal networks then you can supply user credentials, but note they will be passed in plain text to the server.
                        • Use the format <user>:<pass>@<homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
                      • Replace the identifiers in the angled brackets <> with your HomeSeer username, password and address of your HomeSeer server.
                      • Here's an example.

Blue Iris will now notify the plugin when an alert occurs. The alert types are MOTION, AUDIO, EXTERNAL and WATCHDOG.

If you click the "TEST" button you should see an entry in you HomeSeer log showing if the test was successful (assuming the log level is set to Info or higher)

You can now create a HomeSeer event based on these alerts for each camera you have configured. See Events & Alerts

Note: If the above "Wait at least" "timer" is set too low (less than the 1min default) and you have a lot of alerts this will impose a significant load on Homeseer and will affect overall performance. Trigger Reset

In order to notify HomeSeer when the alert trigger is reset (usually the "Break Time" value for the camera Trigger) you canenter a similar URL in the "Request again when trigger is reset" field.

The URL you enter will be identical to the "When triggerd" URL with one exception.
                        • <homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Reset&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
                      or (if HS3 required credentials)
                        • <user>:<pass>@<homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Reset&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

Copyright © 2017 by Highpeak (Pty) Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
                      Well today I upgraded to BI V5 and I am back to no alerts. I have tried to set everything back up the same way as my previous V4 but I can get a record indication but not trigger alert. I have sent several test on the web request and I get a test confirmation in BI but the log in HS does not log it. Is there another or other settings I need to do with BI v5?

Comment

Well today I upgraded to BI V5 and I am back to no alerts. I have tried to set everything back up the same way as my previous V4 but I can get a record indication but not trigger alert. I have sent several test on the web request and I get a test confirmation in BI but the log in HS does not log it. Is there another or other settings I need to do with BI v5?
                        hi, hope this helps, but I had a similiar issue. to resolve I removed the alert actions in BI5 and readded the HTTP triggers to the alerts again. Since that moment it was working again.
                        Regards Bart
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                        HSPRO 3.
                        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post

hi, hope this helps, but I had a similiar issue. to resolve I removed the alert actions in BI5 and readded the HTTP triggers to the alerts again. Since that moment it was working again.
                          Thanks. Just tried but that did not work for me. I even cloned my cameras just for alerts and that did not make any difference. They just show that they are recording when motion is triggered . I can write events to do something when a recording is active however that is my work around.

3 of the 7 cameras are clones

Name:	HS3 BI Alerts.PNG
Views:	1616
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1328593

Comment

Thanks. Just tried but that did not work for me. I even cloned my cameras just for alerts and that did not make any difference. They just show that they are recording when motion is triggered . I can write events to do something when a recording is active however that is my work around.

3 of the 7 cameras are clones

Name:	HS3 BI Alerts.PNG
Views:	1616
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1328593
                            I take that back. No events will respond to the cameras no matter what state they are in.

Comment

I take that back. No events will respond to the cameras no matter what state they are in.
                              And again an update. playing around with several options I decided to remove the ADMIN privilege in BI from the HS account I created then reapply it now at least the events respond to recording trigger. Still no motion triggers work.

Comment

Is this still an issue? I am demoing the plugin with BI and can't get it to work either?

Comment

Working...
                                X