Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blueiris new release issue (changes to newtonssoft.dll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blueiris new release issue (changes to newtonssoft.dll)

hi,

i have an issue with the new release, due to the check for a newtonsoft dll in the root. I think this check can be removed because the plugin wont start if there is one. However the plugin uses his own version in the bin, which is specified in the plugin.exe config file.

your right, its not good to have a newtonsoft dll in the hs3 root, however i need it for several scripts (not plugins) i posted also a question how to link dlls to specified script so i can move the dll to another place, but no solution yet.

so i cant use the updated plugin for now, any thoughts on this matter?

bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

You raise a good point Bart. But the default behaviour is to look in the same location as the EXE file and then in /bin. So it will always use the version in the root no matter what.

That means your scenario could break my and other plugins using the dll if they depend on a specific version.

Let me ask HST how they see us handling this issue.

If you need it for a script you should be able to move it to another location and specify that location in the startup.ini file I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Beerygaz

I dont think it looks default in the same root as the exe if you use the hspi_BI.exe.config, because i have several plugins that use different newtonsoft versions, all located in their own dir in the bin.

The startup.ini trick i tried before , but that was not working for me... maybe now it is maybe try to setup that again tomorrow.

Bart
      Regards Bart
      HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
        Beerygaz

I dont think it looks default in the same root as the exe if you use the hspi_BI.exe.config, because i have several plugins that use different newtonsoft versions, all located in their own dir in the bin.

The startup.ini trick i tried before , but that was not working for me... maybe now it is maybe try to setup that again tomorrow.

Bart

still cant define the location i tried: bin/scripting/newtosoft.dll in the settings.ini
        Regards Bart
        HSPRO 3.

Comment

Did you enter the following in settings.ini

ScriptingReferences=Newtonsoft.Json;bin\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Yes

Exactly that
            Regards Bart
            HSPRO 3.

Comment

Bart, I've added a post here

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189876

As you can see here, the executable will always look in the root folder for a DLL first before looking the the "privatePath" location.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...tes-assemblies

Comment

I am having a problem with Blue Iris PI during startup. Most of the time the PI fails on startup and what I find is the IP configuration and Username is not present on the PI configuration page. IF I look in the HS3/Config/BI folder the configuration file looks correct with all info. I do not have the newtosoft.dll in the HS3 root, only in the Bin folder.

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob. You kinda hijacked Bart's thread here, but to try to solve your problem can you enable trace logging and log to file and send me the log file in the /logs directory?

That's assuming you can get the plugin to run long enough to do this.

If not let me know and we can try to manually edit the INI file to enable these settings.

Gavin

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm getting the same error with 3.0.0.357.

16/09/2017 12:55:02 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): Blue-Iris Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

I've tried removing the newtonsoft.json file from bin/homeseer directory and still same issue. Strange this is sometimes after a uninstall and reinstall it works OK. But if I reboot the PC it always fails?

Any suggestions?

Comment

Can you check if the Newtonsoft.Json.dll file is present in bin/hspi-bi folder please?

What OS are you running?

Could you upgrade to the latest version of the plugin too. It does some more aggressive checks for the correct JSON assembly.

Comment

yep file is in bin/hspi-bi.

OS is Windows 10.

BI version is 3.1.1.23144.

Seems to happen more often after reboot? I was on HS3 3.0.0.349. I tried .362 same result. I even manually removed all HS BI files I could find and did a remove / reinstall.

I've just rebuilt the PC. So I had a backup directory of HS3. If i copy the backup to the default HS3 location and run it BI works fine. If I reboot I get the error?

screenshot attached of the error when launching. File is in bin/hspi-bi.

HS Log error is as follows
                        Initializing plug-in(1): Blue-Iris Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

This definitely suggests the PI is finding the wrong version of the DLL. When you manually removed the plugin files, did you remove the Newtonsoft.Json.dll from bin\hspi-bi ?

As a last-ditch attempt, can you try this:

Shutdown the PI if it's running
                          remove the whole bin\hspi-bi folder,
                          de-activate an anti-virus software
                          re-install the PI
                          start the PI and let me know if the error persists.

We're checking if:
                          1. Sometimes the DLL is held open and does not properly replaced during an upgrade
                          2. Sometimes AV software prevents the installation of a new DLL

Comment

Hi all, any movement on this? I'm also receiving to the same newtonsoft error during HS3 startup resulting in PI not loading correctly or functioning. This occured following an update of HS3. I have tried the above suggestion and no good. Also tried latest beta z-wave pi and the .130 pi, still no good. I can confirm I definitely do not have a newtonsoft dll in the root directory of hs3.

Any updates or ideas. I presently cannot use blue iris pi

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's the copy of the DLL that I'm using and is working, can you place it in the bin/HSPI_BI oflder to overwrite the current version please and let me know if it solves the problem.

-- Edit --

Added the right DLL file this time.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by beerygaz; September 20, 2017, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X